Smilies with YoWindow (was: YoWindow free version)

cocodrie

Smilies with YoWindow (was: YoWindow free version)

Post by cocodrie »

Good Morning,
I just downloaded the free version of YoWindow. Along with it came the IM smilies, which downloaded to my Yahoo Messenger.

I used some of the smilies to send to a friend. I can see what I sent, but my friend said nothing came through on her Yahoo.

Anyone know why she can't see what I sent to her???

Thanks in advance,
cocodrie
hermanz
Name: Herman

Re: YoWindow free version

Post by hermanz »

Hi Cocovier
I this a serious question?? :Yahoo!:
Maybe she has to dowloaded also Yowindow
gr.
(Wheather on an I(phone,pad,pod) or Android, YoWindow what else )
cocodrie

Post by cocodrie »

Yes, this is a serious question or I would not have asked.

Cocodrie
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

cocodrie wrote:Yes, this is a serious question or I would not have asked.

Cocodrie
When your friend don't have the same smilies installed then she wouldn't see the same smilies like you or none at all...
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
cocodrie

Re: Smilies with YoWindow (was: YoWindow free version)

Post by cocodrie »

Thanks Ikarus,
So you are saying that she would have to download this same Yo Window weather program so that she and I could use the same smilies in our Yahoo Messenger?? That seems odd for a program to do this. Maybe the other person don't want to do this. :%) Seems like a flaw in the program. Oh well, such is life, huh?

Thanks again for your help. Deeply appreciated.

Cocodrie
ikarus1969

Re: Smilies with YoWindow (was: YoWindow free version)

Post by ikarus1969 »

cocodrie wrote:Thanks Ikarus,
So you are saying that she would have to download this same Yo Window weather program so that she and I could use the same smilies in our Yahoo Messenger?? That seems odd for a program to do this. Maybe the other person don't want to do this. :%) Seems like a flaw in the program. Oh well, such is life, huh?

Thanks again for your help. Deeply appreciated.

Cocodrie
The smilies are not part of YoWindow itself, it has nothing to do with it and therefore is no flaw.
I don't know exactly why they are in "the package" when you download YoWindow.

For your "problem" it would be the best to ensure that both of you have the same "smileys" installed.
Maybe Pavel (user par), one of the authors of YoWindow can tell you more about that.
Or, of course, any other user here who knows how to distribute a smiley-package.
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«