2 New Locations Please

Have not found your location in YoWindow?
Ask us.
We will add your location shortly.
Cienega32

2 New Locations Please

Post by Cienega32 »

Please add the following to "YoWindow" -

5117472 ; United_States/New_York/Flushing

5110253 ; United_States/New_York/Bronx

Thank you!
ikarus1969

Re: 2 New Locations Please

Post by ikarus1969 »

Cienega32 wrote:Please add the following to "YoWindow" -

5117472 ; United_States/New_York/Flushing

Thank you!

Pavel will not be able to add "this" Bronx to the list because the provided id is not a "populated place" but a "country, state, region.." (listed as code "A" / "ADM2" -> "a subdivision of a first order administrative division" in Geonames.org)

I recommend to take a look at yr.no which is used for the forecast in YoWindow (you can switch to english-language at the top right corner).
Then make a search for "Bronx".
Currently you will get 80 results in the U.S.. Please take one of the places in the Bronx/NYC which are listed as a "Populated place" in the 4th column ("Type") and post the geonames-id which you will see when clicking on that location on the bottom of the page (look for "Geonames-ID: ...").

Edit:

the only "Populated place" in NYC when searching for "Bronx" is/are the "Bronx River Houses" which you will find with Geonames-ID 6332638
YoWindow - yr.no - Bronx River Houses 80.jpg
YoWindow - yr.no - Bronx River Houses 80.jpg (153.17 KiB) Viewed 5985 times
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Thanks, Ikarus!
I have added both locations.
But instead of Bronx I've added "Bronx River House" .
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
Cienega32

Post by Cienega32 »

Ikarus - thanks for the education on the "finer points" regarding "populated places" versus "administrative divisions" in using YoWindow. Very handy to know!

Pavel - thanks for the updates. The Bronx River Houses will work just fine as they are only a few miles from the intended use of Yankee Stadium.
Cienega32

Post by Cienega32 »

So in other words - ONLY locations listed as "Populated Places" are available to YoWindow; ruling out "Parks", etc?
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Cienega32 wrote:So in other words - ONLY locations listed as "Populated Places" are available to YoWindow; ruling out "Parks", etc?
Yes. You've got it 8-)

(This maybe is a point for a suggestion for one of the next features. If it is technical possible AND Pavel has enough time. I think "time" is the primary factor here ;) )
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
Cienega32

Post by Cienega32 »

With all the work, time & effort Pavel has dedicated to the project, I think "Populated Places is just fine! :D
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

>The Bronx River Houses will work just fine as they are only a few miles from the intended use of Yankee Stadium.

Aha!
Now I see why you need this place :)
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image