Seaside - a new YoWindow landscape

No news - good news
par
Name: Pasha

Re: Seaside - a new YoWindow landscape

Post by par »

Thanks, Don! I will let YoWindow run for a while and hopefully to find the problem spot in the code.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
Wiley

Good landscape, BAD logo placement!

Post by Wiley »

Great landscape, except for the intrusive logo in the lower-left corner.

I think most "Unlimited" users do not appreciate the SPAM. Why do you think you need that?

I'm pretty sure the logo will NOT increase your sales, but certainly will irritate your "Unlimited" customers. Would you please reconsider a way to turn the logo off for paid "Unlimited" users?
ikarus1969

Re: Good landscape, BAD logo placement!

Post by ikarus1969 »

Wiley wrote:Great landscape, except for the intrusive logo in the lower-left corner.

I think most "Unlimited" users do not appreciate the SPAM. Why do you think you need that?

I'm pretty sure the logo will NOT increase your sales, but certainly will irritate your "Unlimited" customers. Would you please reconsider a way to turn the logo off for paid "Unlimited" users?
Do you know that you can make the logo smaller in the options?
I, as an unlimited user, don't find it irritating at all; some will like it, some will hate it and some just don't mind.

For me it's just like the signature of the artist in a picture.
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Re: Good landscape, BAD logo placement!

Post by Mallorca »

Wiley wrote:Great landscape, except for the intrusive logo in the lower-left corner.

Hi Mr. "Wiley" (a name would be nice ;) )
Why you are so shure, that "most unlimited users" don't like this logo? Why you are so shure that "certainly" we (unlimited users) are "irritate"? Why it is this logo in your view "spam"?
Why do you didn't resize the logo to a very small size?
May be that all your points of interest are important for you, but please let the ROW their own point of view and don't assume us your kind of view!
Werner
Tony

Post by Tony »

Werner
I totally agree. I don't see it as spam. There are very few applications that do not advertise the developer one way or another.
MrGadgetFL

Post by MrGadgetFL »

Love the new Seaside, especially since I live in Florida. Great job.

I do wonder about all the sail boats sailing around at night, especially since none of them have running lights displayed :) And a night-time regatta is unusual.
HowardR
Name: Howard

Post by HowardR »

Superb effort, as ever: congratulations to all concerned for the hard work that went into this -- and roll on the day when there are a dozen and more animated landscapes to choose from! (Come on people, stop being so flamin' miserly: would YOU give YOUR time and expertise for nowt?? No. You wouldn't. So how come everyone else has to give you theirs for nothing? Hypocrites.)

The only thing wrong with this latest animated landscape is that the title is misleading: it's not "by the seaside" at all, in the traditional sense.

Far better to change the name to

PALM SPRINGS

because that's definitely what it puts me in mind of (though that lighthouse will have to go.)

Call it Palm Springs and everyone living there will want one. More to the point, everyone there can afford to pay for the Unlimited Edition -- and couldn't give a booger about logo sizes, either.

Congratulations again!
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Thanks, Howard ;)

Wayne, we will fix all the glitches soon.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
portaleazzurro
Name: Franco

Post by portaleazzurro »

Logo YoWindow in the lower left does not find it intrusive:

...is a small sign for a great program !

Franco :)
"If you look at the sky forever, we would be having wings." (G. Flaubert)
Sincerely from my home and my country. Franco.
mark2010

Post by mark2010 »

Hi!
I have already expressed my opinion on YoWindow logo and repeat: It is very nice and more, should be better visible in a sunny day! I fully support the portaleazzurro. ;)
Marek from Poland