2.11.12 and Adguard 2.12.250

Questions, suggestions, error reports related to Android edition of YoWindow
FuzzyHopper
Name: FuzzyHopper

2.11.12 and Adguard 2.12.250

Post by FuzzyHopper »

There seems some problem with the new Adguard 2.12.250 preventing YoWindow from seeing the list of locations and updating the weather for the location chosen. YoWindow works OK when I disable Adguard 2.12.250.

And YoWindow 2.11.12 seems fine when I just now reverted to Adguard 2.12.247.

This has been a problem for me only on a new Android 8.1 Data Tablet, the Alcatel 3T 8.

The two programs worked together well on an old Android 6.x Motorola Moto cell phone. (I think it was a Moto E, but I am not certain, since the thing is dying and now won't boot).

Two questions:

Can you provide me a list of domains YoWindow and it's weather providers use, so that I may "Whitelist" those domains in Adguard 2.12.250?

IF I can get the old Motorola cell phone to boot again, I would like to try to copy all the YoWindow location settings I spent hours optimizing to the new data tablet. But I can't find where those settings are hidden in either version of Android.

Backing up the cell phone to the data tablet reinstalled YoWindow, but did not transfer over my custom settings. Where are you hiding them? I have both MiXplorer File Manager 6.32 and X-plore File Manager 4.12.00. They should be able to negotiate the obtuse Android file system and copy some files!

'Thanks for your help Pasha. YoWindow remains my favorite program, even without the Weather Underground data. We need to find a Pro Bono attorney to harass IBM into relenting and treating you (and your users) more fairly!

FuzzyHopper
par
Name: Pasha

Re: 2.11.12 and Adguard 2.12.250

Post by par »

Hi, FuzzyHopper!
Thank you for reporting.
YoWindow is working with yowindow.com domain.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
par
Name: Pasha

Re: 2.11.12 and Adguard 2.12.250

Post by par »

I hope we to add automatic settings migration in the future versions of YoWindow.
The settings are stored in options.js file, but I'm not sure if you can access it.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image