Questions, suggestions, error reports related to Android edition of YoWindow
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

What's new?

- FIXED: YoWindow freezes and crashes unexpectedly.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
nogard0
Name: Doug

Re: 2.6.3

Post by nogard0 »

2.6.3 ... the windows of the village building still flash randomly on android.version 6. though i can tell you it only occurs between dusk and 11:30 pm. at exactly 11:30pm , it stops doing it till next night

Doug Smith
Think: if it's not broken, don't fix it, enhance it = continuing improvement !!!
qa engineer / tester / enhancement suggester / helper
Remember: if it's not broken, don't fix it, enhance it = coninuing improvement !!
and4468
Name: andreas

Post by and4468 »

The problem still exists:
The default foreca(for all places) for example it is not working. The program always use met.no
FuzzyHopper
Name: FuzzyHopper

Post by FuzzyHopper »

I am having the same problem in this version as in 2.6.1 and 2.6.2. I can see Weather Station choices ONLY under Location-Properties and NOT under Menu-Settings-Weather.

I now know the choice of Weather station is buried under Location-Properties, but the Weather station I choose does NOT stick, regardless of the "Current weather" provider selected.

There is too much going on under Location. It has become much too easy for a finger to slip while choosing the Weather station and suddenly I am looking at weather conditions in another city, such as Tokyo, rather than Holyoke, MA, USA.

The keyboard pops up when all I want to do is select among my presets. This is VERY irritating, because the keyboard obscures some of the presets and must be pushed away. I would much prefer to push a button on those few occasions when I need the keyboard to create a new new name for a location.

YoWindows' graphics are wonderful, but the first NEED this software must fulfill is accurate weather data.

Therefore it makes absolutely no sense to bury Current Weather, Local Weather Station, and Weather Forecast choices where they are hard to find and hard to use. These three weather settings are the real heart of YoWindow.

PLEASE put all the Weather settings back where they were under the Main Menu. That is, away from all the other distractions.

Then explain to users the relationship between Current Weather and Local Weather Station. Why is it that some combinations do not work? When are Local Weather Station data used, instead of Current Weather data? I have been using YoWindows a long time and still find this both mysterious and confusing.

Thank you for all your efforts.
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Thanks!
We are going to think how to improve the interface in the upcoming builds.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
nogard0
Name: Doug

Post by nogard0 »

lights in village are now static ... in 4 there were 3 lights always on through night in 5 there are 2 lights always on through night. or until they go off.
qa engineer / tester / enhancement suggester / helper
Remember: if it's not broken, don't fix it, enhance it = coninuing improvement !!