Which weather data provider?

Questions, suggestions, error reports related to Android edition of YoWindow
knopfler83
Name: Javier

Re: Which weather data provider?

Post by knopfler83 »

but look at these two examples, the current temperature and forecast for Mount Vinson (Antarctica) and Mount Everest .... amazing !!!!!
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-08-21-19-18-15.png
Screenshot_2014-08-21-19-16-54.png
Jiri
Name: Jiri

Post by Jiri »

it is crazy :(
Samsung Galaxy Nexus J.B. 4.3
knopfler83

Post by knopfler83 »

cases as well locations in Spain there are not so exaggerated but so are in Spain with open weather map ... at select locations marked 10 or 15 degrees but there my anger ....
knopfler83

Post by knopfler83 »

Any word on open weather map??
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
knopfler83

Post by knopfler83 »

I visited the page METAR and only have information of meteorological stations at airports that there are certain locations that I have set the nearest is to rather more than 100km away ... you have to find a solution to the problem of temperatures, for example I propose to take Spain AEMET and data in each country that have data in the national institute of meteorology of each ... is the most reliable in my opinion ...
knopfler83

Post by knopfler83 »

Please look at the temperature direncias there are three locations ....
Port Navaverrada
Anguita
Pineda de Giguela
Since yesterday always make the same temperature 3
these screenshots are from the application of yr.no
Attachments
Temperaturas.zip
(1.24 MiB) Downloaded 196 times
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

knopfler83 wrote:I visited the page METAR and only have information of meteorological stations at airports that there are certain locations that I have set the nearest is to rather more than 100km away ... you have to find a solution to the problem of temperatures, for example I propose to take Spain AEMET and data in each country that have data in the national institute of meteorology of each ... is the most reliable in my opinion ...
The problem is that data from national meteorological instituts usually are not free - especially not for commercial products like YoWindow.
Additionally it would be a far to big effort - for YoWindow and its currently limited ressources - to on the one hand support local met.-companies that are offering data for free and on the other hand the other ones that don't do that.
The only exception from that rule i know from is that you can choose NRW-forecasts if the location is from the United States.
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
knopfler83

Post by knopfler83 »

serious for Spain, metar is not reliable either, that could use such weather underground? although in certain localities also be something incompatible? temperatures may be used as marking yr.no current temperature? I have made several comparisons at different locations in Spain and around the world, and I can assure you it is by far the most reliable even in extreme areas like antartida, mount everest etc ....
knopfler83

Post by knopfler83 »

You can solve the problem of METAR ?? now we have at least two problems in Spain ...
1 - The problem with forecasts yr.no mismatched in principle only works in Madrid
2 - The problem with the current temperature which this evening when I get home, screenshots of various locations where they have nothing to do with differences of 10 degrees Celsius command you
Guys I will help all I can, I bought the application because I think it is the most beautiful I've ever seen, but want it to be the most reliable as well, you will say to me I can help ...