Questions, suggestions, error reports related to Android edition of YoWindow
countryroads
Name: Marty

Re: 0.56

Post by countryroads »

Hi Pasha,

My Samsung 2.3.6 also has 320 x 480.
I am not having the issues that Max has described.

Only problem that it is having is not being able to use the Options Menu.
Other than that, YoWindow is working good on my Samsung 2.3.6 with 320 x 480.

:good:
Marty
jimlovejoy
Name: Jim Lovejoy

Post by jimlovejoy »

Galaxy S4 4.3. Absolutely no issues.

You have done some outstanding work and thank you for allowing me to be a part of the testing

Jim
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

stschwar wrote:Works fine on my old Galaxy Note 1!
It is very interesting to see, how the app grows, from a simple coloured display to the program it is now. Thank you!!!

There are only 2 things, I'm missing:
- The option to keep the display on (display timeout)
- The option to load an xml from my own weatherstation

Stefan. :Bravo:
It is a great fun to build the app. I'm glad it was fun to observe as well :)
Thank you for the support!

Both features are on our list and we will add them according to the priorities of the project.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
par

Re: LG GT540

Post by par »

Max, I'm glad to see you on the forum!
Yes, we are just about to launch YoWindow on Android! Finally!

Thanks for the reporting. As usual - invaluable.

1. I have fixed at least this case in the new 0.57. Please check it out. Thanks for the log!
2. I wish I knew why... Is there any chance I can borrow the phone for a couple of days? ;)
We have a little Android zoo of 5 devices, but this problem is not seen on any of them.
3. Looks like an exception, but as in the second case have no idea how to fix it.
4. I wish I could have the device :)
max wrote:Hi Pasha,

As I learned you were about to release the app, I remembered about my old LG phone with Android 2.3.7... I wish I did it earlier.

1. The app crashed on first launch (logcat attached), then again with the same "fatal exception". No more crashes after that, until I cleared the app's data (then again, it crashed on the first two runs, but not afterwards).

2. While in portrait mode, it didn't react on my swipe, no matter how hard I tried:
LG-GT540-1.png
In landscape, it sensed my swipe from the first attempt.

3. Regardless of the orientation, I couldn't get past this screen:
LG-GT540-2.png
The app recognizes my second swipe, so it removes the hand pointer, but there's no moving forward after that.

4. Also, note the layout issues in the above screenshots. Yes, that phone has a really small screen - 320x480 pixels.

Max

Image Image Image
par

Post by par »

jimlovejoy wrote:Galaxy S4 4.3. Absolutely no issues.

You have done some outstanding work and thank you for allowing me to be a part of the testing

Jim
Thank you for the support!

Image Image Image
par

Re: SGS3

Post by par »

max wrote:Samsung Galaxy S3 / Android 4.1.1 doesn't detect my location (St.Petersburg). It keeps showing New York City. I've tried it several times (having cleared the app's data), with GPS enabled and disabled -- all with the same result.

Max, please install Yahoo Weather on S3.
Will it detect the location properly?
This may be an issue of a very long GPS initialization.

YoWindow utilizes both Networking (Mobile networks, WiFI) and GPS geo location. At least I hope so :)

Image Image Image
max

Re: LG GT540

Post by max »

Thanks, Pasha. You're surely welcome to borrow that phone. I'll be glad it it helps debugging.
par wrote: 1. I have fixed at least this case in the new 0.57. Please check it out. Thanks for the log!
I confirm the fix in 0.57.
max wrote: 2. While in portrait mode, it didn't react on my swipe, no matter how hard I tried:
LG-GT540-1.png
In landscape, it sensed my swipe from the first attempt.
Not sure if you tried to fix it, but 0.57 doesn't react on my swipes even in landscape mode.
max

Re: SGS3

Post by max »

par wrote:Max, please install Yahoo Weather on S3.
Will it detect the location properly?
This may be an issue of a very long GPS initialization.
Pasha, thanks for the tip. I installed Yahoo Weather and figured something was wrong with my GPS.:pardon:
Luckily, I'm not the only one who has issues with GPS on Android 4.1.*, so Internet is already full of advices on how to fix it. What worked for me was uncheck and re-check the Google location services option. I bought this phone recently and haven't had a chance to come across this issue; it was in fact in all location-based apps. Now all apps, including YoWindow, detect the location when GPS is on.

BTW:
par wrote:YoWindow utilizes both Networking (Mobile networks, WiFI) and GPS geo location. At least I hope so :)
I'm getting different results. On S3/Android4.1.1, I see the following:
* Use wireless networks = OFF, Use GPS satellites = ON: YoWindow detects the location.
* Use wireless networks = ON, Use GPS satellites = OFF: YoWindow does NOT detect the location. Yahoo Weather does, however.

On Galaxy Note/Android4.0.4 and even on that troublesome LG-GT540/Android2.3.7, YoWindow detects the location successfully with either of the above options.