0.46 crash on tablets fixed, less memory consumed

Questions, suggestions, error reports related to Android edition of YoWindow
Poof
Name: jeff

Re: 0.46 crash on tablets fixed, less memory consumed

Post by Poof »

Working fine on galaxy s4...4.3...except when opening widget it force closes the entire app and resets everything to previous wallpapers. ... thanks for all your hard work on this
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

Hi Pasha,

Kyoceras 4.0.4
NextBook 4.1.1
Lenovo 4.1.2
Samsung 2.3.6
the app is working on all of the above as long as I do not change locations or access the options menu.

On the Samsung 2.3.6, I went into the options menu to try and turn off the Temperature in the Notification Bar.
I still cannot turn it off on the Samsung 2.3.6.
I backed out of options and then backed out of YoWindow and got the crash message "Unfortunately YoWindow has stopped".

Kyoceras 4.0.4
NextBook 4.1.1
Lenovo 4.1.2
On all of the above, I played around with switching locations and going into options menu.
I back all the way out of YoWindow and then get the crash message "Unfortunately YoWindow has stopped".
Once I get the crash message and try switching locations, I get the crash message again.

When I come back into YoWindow, there is no button for me to click on to send you the Crash Report.

As long as I start YoWindow and look at my Home Location and then back out of YoWindow,
there is no crash message and YoWindow works on all of my Androids.

I hope the final version that is released to the public will be able to run from the SD card.
The Samsung 2.3.6 (which is a low memory device) gave me my first warning of low memory.
I will have to root the android to get rid of the bloatware if I want to keep testing with it.

:(
Marty
jimlovejoy
Name: Jim Lovejoy

Post by jimlovejoy »

Galaxy S4 4.3

Installed fine and I set up the wallpaper. Have two widgets on my home page. Several times when I have opened a widget, I get a black screen and the "Unfortunately, YoWindow Weather BETA has stopped" message. The screen never comes back unless I restart. I do still see the widgets, but it is hit or miss if they will open.

Jim
Angelmmm3
Name: Angelique

Post by Angelmmm3 »

Good Evening,

Samsung Galaxy S4/SGH-I337M/4.2.2

1. I had to completely uninstall the previous version (0.45) and then reinstall this newest version, otherwise the data was not present at all. Now everything looks as though it should.

2. Not sure if this feature was present earlier, but I really like the ability to click on the temperature for either a detailed report or just the temp. Nice feature. :good:

3. Widget will not cooperate...just won't load up. I even restarted my phone just in case. At least it doesn't spiral out of control now!

Cheers,
Angelique
lreg72
Name: Luke

Post by lreg72 »

Hi Par,

The Widget on my Samsung Grand when on landscape does not show the whole number, just half of it shows.

Also when on Seaside I have 6 to 8 cruise ships sometimes floating by....
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Keason07 wrote:After doing a fresh install to try version 0.46 and it still crashing, I reinstalled 0.44. Now that is not working neither, even after a fresh install.
I reinstalled several of the previous versions. Only 0.43 is working for me.

Are you offered to submit crash report when you launch YoWindow after the crash?
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
Keason07
Name: Ken

Post by Keason07 »

Keason07 wrote:After doing a fresh install to try version 0.46 and it still crashing, I reinstalled 0.44. Now that is not working neither, even after a fresh install.
I reinstalled several of the previous versions. Only 0.43 is working for me.

Are you offered to submit crash report when you launch YoWindow after the crash?
Yes I am offered to submit crash report, but it does not seem to go through. I did another fresh install, and seems to be working.
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Great!
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image