0.6 Swipe the screen to move in time

Questions, suggestions, error reports related to Android edition of YoWindow
par
Name: Pasha

Re: 0.6 Swipe the screen to move in time

Post by par »

Hmm...
Is YoWindow app running in the background?
Have you set YoWindow as a wallpaper?
jpmorgan49 wrote:I just noticed that when I'm on my tablet every once in a while I get a message that says "Unfortunately YoWindows has stopped". It just happened while I was typing this message, it appears to happen frquently. The app appears to be working fine when I open it. I do have the widget installed and it still works too. Not sure why the message keeps appearing.
jp
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
jpmorgan49
Name: JP

Post by jpmorgan49 »

I just noticed one other thing, the wallpaper is showing "night time" (Dark Blue) in the middle of the day.
jp
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 - Android 5.0.2

chuckf1
Name: Chuck

Post by chuckf1 »

Swiping does work both ways. Widget works fine. No crashing. Still starts up with the weather one town over.
littlejohns2k
Name: J Immanuel John

Post by littlejohns2k »

Hi,

I am John from India.

I am using Micromac A110 (Android 4.1.1 version)

Regarding Yowindow Alpha 0.6

1) The swiping feature is working fine, when we swipe from current to past(i.e. when we swioe from left to right), both background and temperature is changing.

2) when we swipe opposite(i.e. from right to left) the swiping work up to current state(i.e. both temperature and backgroung changes from past to current state), but but we are unable to swipe further to the future.(like we do in our windows version in PC for seeing the future).

3) Double click to come to current state is not working smoothly, at least if we bouble tap 4 or 5 times, then only the background and temperature returns to the current state.

4) Weather background does not match with the current state, its bright and clear in chennai at 6.30 am, but Yowindow for android shows night background, not even the early morning background. (I cross checked with my Yowindow for windows in my Personal computer, it shows day background with sun for Chennai at 6.30 am).

Thank you for the continuous improvement activity if Yowindow for android. Please consider my feedbacks.

Kind Regards,
John
par

Post by par »

Thank you for detailed report, John! Most of the problems you have noticed will be addressed in the next build.
Pay attention that when you swipe from LEFT to RIGHT time moves to the future.

Image Image Image
dramr
Name: Amr Arafa

Post by dramr »

I thought it was just me, but I found other having the same issue.
I think sweeping lt to rt should be for past stats and from rt to lt for future.
It confuses me and I think it will confuse future users as well, because like in games when we sweep right to left we expect to move forward not backward.
Just a notice, hope it helps
Leif
Name: Leif

Post by Leif »

dramr wrote: I think sweeping lt to rt should be for past stats and from rt to lt for future.
+1
Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever? ;)
par

Post by par »

Yes, I agree with you, but there was a reason for making this choice.
I will explain later on when YoWindow user interface will be finished.

YoWindow for iPhone and iPad behaves the same and 200,000 users seem to be happy.
dramr wrote:I thought it was just me, but I found other having the same issue.
I think sweeping lt to rt should be for past stats and from rt to lt for future.
It confuses me and I think it will confuse future users as well, because like in games when we sweep right to left we expect to move forward not backward.
Just a notice, hope it helps

Image Image Image
FvE
Name: Fred

Post by FvE »

Hi Pasha,

Another sweep comment, I'm sorry.
These are my experiences:

Swiping from left to right definitely goes from Live to future and vice versa of course.
I've checked this by looking to the lowest temperature this night (8C) and the night after (12C) and the night after that (13C) from the desktop version.
This way I had a sequence that could be checked.
There's no possibility to scroll from Live to past (as already described by you).
In the desktop you can, for about three hours, in this app you can't!

Double clicking brings you back to Live: OK.

Please be aware that closing the app at any point in time will bring you back there when you restart it!
E.g.: When you scroll all the way to the future where a forecast no longer can be given it will show ? as temperature.
When you close the app and restart it, it will come back with the ?
When you start to scroll from here it may look as if it would work the other way round!!
This is only because days, time and date are missing in this alpha version.

Hope this helps.
Fred
Florissant
Name: Isolde

Post by Florissant »

Version 0.6 (5) works fine with no problem when sweeping to the left or to the right. I have it in a Samsung Galaxy Tab2.