Update on window open

See "Weather expired" or "No weather"? Probably your weather station is not reliable. Let us know - we will help.
hezahonker
Name: Nancy

Update on window open

Post by hezahonker »

:%) I just purchased the Android version and have installed the windows version this morning. Android weather, is expired as is the windows weather. Is this going to be an ongoing issue? The android version was working perfectly until this morning. Location is Edwardsville, IL. I just told a friend to download this and now they are uninstalling because they found it unreliable. Please tell me there is something we can do to get weather accurate all the time. I have other weather apps on my device and windows that are updating properly.
countryroads
Name: Marty

Re: Update on window open

Post by countryroads »

Hi Nancy,

Welcome to YoWindow.

4237717; Edwardsville/Illinois/USA uses METAR station KALN - Alton/St. Louis, St. Louis Regional Airport.

I have checked the history for KALN and have not found a weather expired situation.
I have added your location to my Desktop and my Android.
Your location is working as it should.
I would like you to try the following.

Completely exit from YoWindow with a Ctrl+Q for the Desktop.
Completely clear your internet cache.
Press Ctrl+F5.
Restart YoWindow.

Let us know if clearing the cache takes care of your situation.
Thank you in advance.

Marty
hezahonker

Post by hezahonker »

Thanks Marty! I did try that after posting and that did help. Strangely not right away. Why both Windows and android had the problem. Maybe the station had issues earlier?
hezahonker

Post by hezahonker »

Hi Marty,

I'm afraid Alton KALN is an unreliable station. Same thing happened last night for hours.