Temperature Discrepancies...

See "Weather expired" or "No weather"? Probably your weather station is not reliable. Let us know - we will help.
community-connect
Name: Jeff

Temperature Discrepancies...

Post by community-connect »

Hi

I just purchased your software today and compared the temperature for 6295954;Nakusp/British Columbia/Canada to the data posted from the weather station located there. Your data reads 12 degrees C and the Environment Canada (typically quite accurate) site specifies 7 degrees C! Can you please explain why there is such a huge discrepancy? This is an agricultural community and knowing when it's going to freeze for example is extremely important - so therefore it is imperative that the temperature data is accurate!

Here is the link to the Environment Canada website: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pag ... ric_e.html

Thank you in advance for getting back to me.

Jeff

Your post has been moved here, because it has nothing to do with "add location" - Fred
ikarus1969

Re: Temperature Discrepancies...

Post by ikarus1969 »

community-connect wrote:Hi

I just purchased your software today and compared the temperature for 6295954;Nakusp/British Columbia/Canada to the data posted from the weather station located there. Your data reads 12 degrees C and the Environment Canada (typically quite accurate) site specifies 7 degrees C! Can you please explain why there is such a huge discrepancy? This is an agricultural community and knowing when it's going to freeze for example is extremely important - so therefore it is imperative that the temperature data is accurate!

Here is the link to the Environment Canada website: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pag ... ric_e.html

Thank you in advance for getting back to me.

Jeff

Your post has been moved here, because it has nothing to do with "add location" - Fred
Your location-request for Nakusp has been put under pending locations just a few hours ago, so it's not in the list of available locations yet.
My version of YoWindow of course doesn't list Nakup in the canadian locations.

Please send a screenshot of whatever screen you are refering to when saying "Your data reads..." - thank you!
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
community-connect

Hi
Thanks for getting back to me. What I meant by "my data reads" is the real time weather data at the hyperlink that I provided. If you navigate to this site and compare it to the real time temperature data on your 'YO' site there is a 5 degree discrepancy... Having a cool interface is one thing, but it's also important (at least for me) that the temperature data be accurate as well... Tracking climate change is important to me too - and knowing that the historical data on your site is indeed accurate would greatly affect my confidence level in your product as well and I could thus use it as a reference. Hope this helps...
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

Hi Jeff,

6295954;Nakusp/British Columbia/Canada has not been added to YoWindow database yet.

You are comparing a location to Environment Canada website.
What is the town name on YoWindow that you are using for your comparison?

Once I know the town name, I can study YoWindow and Environment Canada to see why the difference.
Please help me to help you.

Thank you in advance.

Marty
community-connect

Hi Marty

Nakusp was the name of the town...

Jeff
Wally©
Name: Walter

Post by Wally© »

With all due respect...

At this time...the temp display in YoWindow is spot-on !!!
Attachments
Nakusp.JPG
Nakusp.JPG (86.75 KiB) Viewed 7486 times
Wally©...

(Ignorance can easily be overcome...Stupidity is 4ever...)
community-connect

Hi Wally

Maybe it was just an anomaly - hope so because I'd really like to be able to rely on your application because I think what you guys have done is really cool. Thanks for looking into it for me.

Jeff