Pincourt/Canada

See "Weather expired" or "No weather"? Probably your weather station is not reliable. Let us know - we will help.
bluesky101
Name: Norm

Pincourt/Canada

Post by bluesky101 »

Dear YoWindow,

It's been nearly a week now since you added Pincourt to the list of available weather screens. Pincourt is a suburb just across the bridge from the western end of the island of Montreal. Although the weather may not be exactly the same, generally it's pretty similar. The reason that I asked to have Pincourt added was simply because that's where I live and I was hoping to get as local a weather picture as possible. Unfortuneatly, the weather screens when comparing Pincourt with Montreal are frequently very different. For example, at the moment it's very overcast and raining both here and in Montreal. The screens however show a clear blue sunny sky in Pincourt and rain in Montreal. I specifically clicked on the "update weather", button just in case that was the problem but no change. I really wish it was bright and sunny in Pincourt but honestly, that's not what's happening outside my window. Please advise if this can be corrected or whether I should just delete the Pincourt screen and live with Montreal.

Cheers,

Norm B.
countryroads
Name: Marty

Re: Pincourt/Canada

Post by countryroads »

Hi Norm,

YoWindow tries to find the closest 24 hour a day METAR station.
Your closest METAR station is CWVQ.

CWVQ - Ste Anne De Bell 1 - 24 hours a day - Has no sky conditions
CYUL - Montreal/Dorval International - 24 hours a day - with sky conditions

Click on Location > Properties.
Change your METAR code from CWVQ to CYUL.

Let us know how this works for you.

Marty
bluesky101

Post by bluesky101 »

Hey Marty,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've changed the code as instructed. I'll compare the weather observations for Pincourt with those for Montreal over the next few days and will advise then as to what I am observing.

Cheers,

Norm
bluesky101

Post by bluesky101 »

Dear Marty,

It’s been 4 days now since changing the code for the Pincourt weather report and overall, the results appear more in line with what I see when looking out my window. I’m not sure if this will interest you however I have recorded 6 separate readings for Pincourt and Montreal just to see what the variances were.

In order to better appreciate the differences you should know that Dorval (where the weather observations for YUL come from) is located 19 KM due East of St. Anne de Bellevue (from where the weather observations for Pincourt come from). St. Anne de Bellevue is located 7 KM East of Pincourt.

I will only outline what was found to be different. Those elements not discussed were always identical.

• The reported High and Low temps for the day were always different ranging from 1 to 5 degrees for the Highs and 1 to 4 degrees for the Lows.

• The barometric pressures were consistently different by exactly 23 Millibars for every report that I recorded. Pincourt was always the higher of the 2 readings.

• The times at which the observations were made were always different ranging from 1 to 6 minutes.

• Strangely, although they are only 19KM apart, the sunrise and sunset times always varied by 1 or 2 minutes later for Pincourt.

So that’s it. Overall, I’m happy with my new YoWindow report for Pincourt and will likely keep it for a long time.

Cheers,

Norm B.