b21

Testing the upcoming YoWindow 3
The forum will be archived after YoWindow 3 release.
par
Name: Pasha

b21

Post by par »

What's new

- minor fixes
- new translations updated
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
ikarus1969

Re: b21

Post by ikarus1969 »

Hi Pavel!

When opening the options / locations, remove one location, remain in the options but move to Screensaver then in the locations-combobox this location is still there.

Is it possible when removing a location from options/locations to remove it also from Screensaver/location during adapting the options?

thanks in advance!
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
par

Post by par »

1. You don't make any changes in locations list until you press OK or Apply button in the Options window.
2. When in application, open options and try to remove selected location - the location is not going to be removed until you press OK and Apply.
This is how it works.

I don't see a problem.
Or am I missing something?

Image Image Image
renzbe
Name: renzbe

Post by renzbe »

Italian translation don't work (in b20 was working). On my Society lan, protectet with firewall, version 2 work normally, the lastest 3 or 4 alpha versions don't work with the message "update error".
With regards...
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

par wrote:1. You don't make any changes in locations list until you press OK or Apply button in the Options window.
2. When in application, open options and try to remove selected location - the location is not going to be removed until you press OK and Apply.
This is how it works.

I don't see a problem.
Or am I missing something?
i remove a location from the list of locations - it is removed, i can't see it anymore.
i move to screensaver options (still while i'm in the options-dialog) and the "removed" location is in the combobox - i do see it.

i think: "why do i see it? I just removed it from the list of locations! But now it's still here in the combobox. That's irritating"
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hi Reinhart,
it is strange .... when I delete a location (f.e New York) in the same way as you did, it is deleted and also in the screen saver box 8)
Werner
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Mallorca wrote:Hi Reinhart,
it is strange .... when I delete a location (f.e New York) in the same way as you did, it is deleted and also in the screen saver box 8)
Werner
Please apologize if i ask you the single steps:
  1. you open the options dialog (from now on you remain in the options-window!)
  2. you click on "locations"
  3. you click on a location
  4. you click on remove/delete
  5. without exiting options you click on "screensaver"
  6. you click on the little triangle to open the list of locations
  7. the location you removed 3 steps before is not listed?
par

Post by par »

Reinhart, I think we do not understand each other.

Until you press OK or Apply in the Options window, the changes you make to location list are not applied.
This is how it works in most applications.
If you press Cancel - your changes will not be saved - the location will not be removed from favourite locations list.

So before you click OK or Apply think about your changes as of your intention to do them.

And this is how it was working in YoWindow 2.
There is no difference in this behaviour between yo3 and yo2.
I wonder why we are discussing this?

By the way, Screen Saver and YoWindow Application - are 2 different programs.
It is quite hard to make them work in sync from the enginering point of view.

Image Image Image
par

Post by par »

Renzbe, we will fix Italian language in the next build.
Thanks for letting me know.

renzbe wrote:the lastest 3 or 4 alpha versions don't work with the message "update error".
With regards...
Looks like your firewall blocks YoWindow 3 Alpha

Image Image Image
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

par wrote:Reinhart, I think we do not understand each other.
Agree :(
par wrote:Until you press OK or Apply in the Options window, the changes you make to location list are not applied.
This is how it works in most applications.
If you press Cancel - your changes will not be saved - the location will not be removed from favourite locations list.

So before you click OK or Apply think about your changes as of your intention to do them.
Be sure i'm aware what Clicking on "Apply" or "Cancel" means and what consequences "Apply" and "Cancel" have.

But: i never talked about something that has to do with what happens after "Apply" or "Cancel"; i always talked about something that happens before these clicks!

What i don't understand is why while navigating around in the options a change i made to the location list in "Locations" AND get a visual feedback (the locations IS removed from the list presented to the user), why this change is not made to the combobox of locations in the "Screensaver"-options?
par wrote:And this is how it was working in YoWindow 2.
There is no difference in this behaviour between yo3 and yo2.
I agree that Clicking on "Apply" or "Cancel" has the same consequences in Yo2 and Yo3
par wrote:I wonder why we are discussing this?
Because obviously i am not able to explain what i mean or you are not able to understand me. I will try to make a video...
par wrote:By the way, Screen Saver and YoWindow Application - are 2 different programs.
It is quite hard to make them work in sync from the enginering point of view.
Fully agree.
But both programs "access" or "work with" the same list of locations. Without defining a location in the desktop-application the screensaver is not able to display that location, right?