Thunder - Fog - Airport

Have an idea?
Smith88

Thunder - Fog - Airport

Post by Smith88 »

Dear Pasha,

First of all, I congratulate on fireworks, it looks awesome. :)

I would like to make three suggestions. I think first is the most important, third is the less.

1. This also can be mentioned as a small bug. When YoWindow shows "Thunderstorm", it means that only thunder heard, so it is not raining. Thus, that would be correct, if YoWindow showed only lightning. I think it is very important, because now it is raining too. Similar case when rain and snow appear in the weather description (below the icon in the inspector), I remember that YoWindow shows only snow, but rain should be appeared too.

2. I have read that sky is brighter in the new RC when it is overcast. It occurs to me that in my opinion the sky is too dark around sunrise and sunset when there is fog or mist. It is not real, especially if the visibility is only a little less than 10 km. The attached picture shows 20th April, 5:40 AM, in the first case it is clear, in the second there is fog with a visibility of 600 metres, the difference is too big.

3. It is simply a suggestion. In the "Airport" landscape only the wind-sock indicates the wind speed and direction if it is clear. I think it would be nice that in the left corner in front of the grass, there would be some little flowers, like in the "Village" landscape, but much smaller. Many airports are located in a field, so I think it is not strange, and if the flowers are small enough, it is not disturbing.

Keep good working.

Adrian
Attachments
sunrise_fog.PNG
par
Name: Pasha

Re: Thunder - Fog - Airport

Post by par »

Thanks, Adrian!

1. Agree, but we would need to draw more icons and back them with a little programming.
Hopefully some day this will be done.
As far as I know most weather programs handle the condition just like YoWindow.

2. Visibility 600 meter mean you cannot see further than 600 meters.
This is a very dense fog.
But I do agree that landscape is too much dark.
I hope to fix it.

3. Nice idea, I hope we will be able to do this.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
Smith88

Post by Smith88 »

Hi Pasha,

Thank you for the answer. :)

1. I have thought that the lightning, the rain, the snow are independent layers, so these can be combined, but it seems to be more complicated. It requires only two icons (one for thunder, one for rain and snow mixed), but I think it is not too necessary. It would be fantastic for me if I saw raindrops and snowflakes in front of the landscape or there would be only lightning, so I am waiting for it. :wink:

2. I agree that the previous example was not the most appropriate, but I have searched for it. The first picture shows Shenyang, where the visibility is 6 km, and it is around sunset, in the second case it is clear. In my opinion, it is really need a lighting. It is less strange when there is fog, but if the visibility is bigger than 5 km, it is.

In the other hand, I know that there are more important things, like the Android version, which I am waiting too. :)

Adrian
Attachments
6 km.PNG
clear.PNG
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

It would be fantastic for me if I saw raindrops and snowflakes in front of the landscape
I'm a little confused, YoWindow has always been displaying the rain and snow in front of the landscape...

2. Yes, too dark for a light mist, I have added a task for the future to adjust mist impact on lighting.

Oh well, I wish I could have seven hands or at least a qualified Flash programmer who can help me with the work...
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image