Option for disabling balloon tip

Have an idea?
Cloud

Re: Option for disabling balloon tip

Post by Cloud »

Hi Par,

yes, I read about your workaround. But unfortunately it's only a workaround... it isn't a solution for the problem that you get the same info several times a day if you close the main window in a regular way.

With the Broadcast menu item I mean its special notation "(( Broadcast ))", which particularly underlines its appearance in the menu bar. Although I really welcome this new feature, I think it should be valued equally with other features resp. menu items - especially, if you consider that not everyone wants to use it.

So, please do not take it amiss, but currently with Build 50 I can concentrate better on the weather itself and enjoy its fullest beauty. :)
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

We hope that "Broadcast" feature will help us to spread the word about the program.
We intentionally highlighted it to make sure everyone would notice.
In my opinion the translation waves look cool.
Don't you think so?
(( Broadcast ))
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
Cloud

Post by Cloud »

Dear Par,

beside the point that YoWindow gives me a very beautiful view out of my desktop, which I enjoy every time I take a look on it, YoWindow has a very practical benefit for me. In my line of work, I spent a considerable amount of time outdoors. On those days, I boot my PC early in the morning - YoWindow starts automatically with it - and I get very quickly - on the basis of all the available weather informations - an illustrative and comprehensive overview of the weather of the next few hours and days. Once I've made a decision how I can best prepare for it, I make some telephone calls, write some emails... do some work on my PC - and finally go out for work.

You see, all the time I'm using YoWindow, I'm focused on its illustrative overview of the weather - enjoying its beautiful pictures and animations ("I want to have fun" enabled). And, in my view, this should continue to be so with
+ intuitively easy to use (e.g. no elaborate workarounds to prevent irritating pop ups or balloon tips) and
+ additional features which indicate its purpose discreetly and valued equally with other features without bells and whistles (e.g. "Broadcast" without brackets as radio waves).

I hope you understand me right and you can read from my posts - as I said above - my great thanks for YoWindow as well. Because every time I use it, I enjoy it - with beautiful weather all the time. :)
TarkusLV
Name: Terry May

Post by TarkusLV »

I wonder if this subject will be revisited with the advent of Windows 10 and the new notification center. It's very annoying to have worthless messages saved in the notification center, with no way to disable them. I'm glad to read of the workaround to avoid the messages, but that's not exactly intuitive.
Cloud

Post by Cloud »

Yes, this would be really great. To be quite honest, however, I still don't understand why this balloon tip is a must-have without any possibility to disable it.
YoWindow 3 Build 50