Weatherunderground Suggestion

Have an idea?
Teelow
Name: Michael

Weatherunderground Suggestion

Post by Teelow »

It would be great if you could add reporting stations from http://www.wunderground.com/ - Since it allows private weather stations to be monitored, it would be much more accurate then using METAR codes. I, for example live 30+ miles from the closest METAR station.

Teelow
ikarus1969

Re: Weatherunderground Suggestion

Post by ikarus1969 »

Teelow wrote:It would be great if you could add reporting stations from http://www.wunderground.com/ - Since it allows private weather stations to be monitored, it would be much more accurate then using METAR codes. I, for example live 30+ miles from the closest METAR station.

Teelow
I agree that that would be great - but as their rules say you can use their data as long as it's not for commercial purposes i don't think wunderground-data will be integrated in the near future.
But maybe you can help us convince them to provide their data - or the data of the private stations - for mention them in the status line?
Maybe as YoWindow grows and becomes more popular it's a kind of advertising for wunderground if they provide their data.
Similar to the existing line "weather provided by yr.no and the NRK" or "weather provided by the NWS" as it is currently.

So all the guys and girls outside: please help the YoWindow-team and write mails to wunderground and ask for their data (or the data of their private stations) to be delivered to YoWindow!
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Please - please, email to Weather Underground.
Just ask them to open weather data for YoWindow project.
I you have emailed them, comment on this thread, so we know how many people asked.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
Teelow
Name: Michael

Post by Teelow »

I emailed of course :)

Teelow
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Thank you, Teelow!
Friends, come on! :)
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
emil.sekula
Name: Emil

Post by emil.sekula »

Sent.