Show lunar phases better

Have an idea?
daddylito

Show lunar phases better

Post by daddylito »

Copied from wikipedia:
"In the northern hemisphere, if the left side of the Moon is dark then the light part is growing, and the Moon is referred to as waxing (moving towards a full moon). If the right side of the Moon is dark then the light part is shrinking, and the Moon is referred to as waning (moving towards a new moon). Assuming that the viewer is in the northern hemisphere, the right portion of the Moon is the part that is always growing. The phrase "dog comes, cat goes" is any easy way to remember the phases of the moon. A waxing moon has the shape of the letter D (which is the first letter of dog) and a waning moon has the shape of the letter C (which is the first letter of cat)."

The program shows always a waning moon and never a waxing moon.
daddylito

Re: Show lunar phases better

Post by daddylito »

I forgot to tell that i love this application!

I have read more about the moon. If you look at the moon the same time from north pole, south pole or at the equator, the moon will
look different. You might see a D from north pole and a "mirror D" at south pole and at the equator you see a boat (or perhaps a boat turned over)
Your angle of the moon in the application fits North America and Europe at 50% of the time and fits Australia the other 50% ( read my other reply)

But is it possible to have an image of the moon for north pole (in current lunar phase) and then turn that image the angle that the location differs according to latitude from north pole.
daddylito

Post by daddylito »

Hi Sasha!
For the first time I can see the real moon through my window (my view from my location)
and compare it with the moon in the Yowindow screen.

1)The Yowindow moon should be "mirrored" to be right. (This have been discussed/mensioned)

2) The Yowindow moon is bigger, but that seems OK for me! (This have been discussed/mensioned)

3)The Yowindow is also a little bit thicker than the actual moon.
Even though the moon not reached the "half moon phase",
(the D phase), the Yowindow moon looks bigger than 50% of a full.
The Yowindow moon is too big round its belly! (This has not been discussed)
(Sometimes it is very complicated to explain something simple!)

4)And since my location (Funäsdalen/Sweden) is pretty up in the north,
the angle of the real moon I see, is less leaning than the moon on the screen. (This have been discussed/mentioned)

I like your work and I hope that you find my remarks supporting and not irritaiting!

/Daddylito
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Wow, so much new about the Moon!
As soon as I have the time I will revise the Moon.

Thank you!
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image