Direction sensitive Sunrise/Sunset & new locations

Have an idea?
mkingsmill
Name: Matt K.

Direction sensitive Sunrise/Sunset & new locations

Post by mkingsmill »

Nice program, but in my first 10 minutes playing with it, I discovered that even though my (Yo)"Window" faces east, yet I never see the sun come up on my landscape, and I always see it going down, which is the opposite of what it should do from this perspective... Since the program knows which direction I've pointed it for the wind indicator, it would also be nice if it used that information for the sun/moon rising/setting...

Also, why not put in a box for typing the longditude & latitude for the user's custom locations instead of being tied to IACO codes only & making people (sign up for &) post to the forum then wait a day to get their local weather? It also might be nice to have a form on your website where people can just paste links to the YR.NO webpages showing their local forcasts to help automate & standardize the data being recieved for new location requests & make for a less lengthy process for all involved... (I have to wait for my post was accepted, but was worried because after I submitted it, I realized they wanted semi-colons, not commas in the data, and since the message had to be moderated, I couldn't go back & edit it right away! I don't know if I was moderated because I'm new to the forum, or if it will go away after I've posted so many times or whatever, this post went up immediately though...)