Dual-monitor support

Have an idea?
milehiguy
Name: Rick Shafer

Dual-monitor support

Post by milehiguy »

Dual-monitor support ... PLEASE? I love the app and want to keep using it, but if I do, I'll eventually get screen burn-in on the right monitor. When you add this feature (!), the ability to have different cities & landscapes on left/right screens would be awesome. Thanks!
ikarus1969

Re: Dual-monitor support

Post by ikarus1969 »

Beside the fact that there's nothing like screen burn-in since the invention of LCD-screens, how would double-monitor support prevent such (hypothetical) thing on your right monitor?
You would still run the same landscape on it and would have to change landscape manually (at least until some feature like automatically changing landscapes will be implemented).

And handling two landscapes simultaniously would need a PC with really powerful CPU.

I feel like i am misunderstanding something - coud you please explain?
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
milehiguy

Post by milehiguy »

Would just like the YoWindow screensaver to appear on both of my screens, that's all, as opposed to screensaver only on the left and wallpaper (or whatever happens to be appearing) on the right. As an option, mutually exclusive settings (city, landscape, etc.) for left and right would be a nice touch as well. I don't mean to be critical of the product, quite the opposite. Am just asking about a possible enhancement, that's all.
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Planned, but I just don't have enough time to take care about this task.
Sorry :(
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
milehiguy

Post by milehiguy »

par wrote:Planned, but I just don't have enough time to take care about this task.
Sorry :(
Thanks par, I appreciate the reply. I DO hope you find time to add dual monitor support in a future release, even if it's just to mirror the left/right screens. In the age of laptops, tablets, smartphones, etc., I'm beginning to feel like a dying breed, as I sit here in front of my dual monitor (development/programming) PC workstation. :wink:
Mavadelo
Name: Martin

Post by Mavadelo »

Sorry to "necro" this topic but as it is exactly what I wanted to ask I see no reason to make another topic. Is this still in the planning? dual or even better multi screen support? I love this application but now when the screensaver pops up my oher screens are just displaying a blue empty screen. I don't really mind if it is one landscape (although multiple landscapes would be awesome and current pc's should have no problem with that) :Yahoo!:

regardless what the outcome is, so much thanks for creating this, best weather app on the market by far, nothing comes even close to this :crazy: