YoWindow review in krone.at (Austrian site)

YoWindow reviews, blogposts, mentions.
par
Name: Pasha

YoWindow review in krone.at (Austrian site)

Post by par »

Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
ikarus1969

Re: YoWindow review in krone.at (Austrian site)

Post by ikarus1969 »

"Die Krone" is one of the biggest daily newspapers in Austria (beside "Kurier", "derstandard" and some more).

So i would say it is quite big (for Austria). I'm very happy with that - thank you for the link!
I created a pdf of it and saved it on my hard-disk :)

I tried a Translation:

Code: Select all

No matter if storm, rain or snow, cloudy sky or bright sun. "YoWindow" shows the weather (menu-item "Location") on the screen exactly like it is outside. The weather is animated in real-time, as the default background there is landscape-scenery. Gras is swaying in the wind, birds are flying (or airplanes too) in the sky and some smoke is coming out the chimney of a farm. When it is becoming dark, the sun in "YoWindow" is sinking down to the horizon.

With a timeline one can scroll back and forth in time. An info-graphic always shows the current temperature (and wind-chill), wind-speed together with wind-direction, air pressure and humidity. The forecast is limited to 3 days; who wants to see 6 to 9 days into the future of the weather is able to take the have-to-pay-for unlimited version which is providing a second landscape (a feeling like in the south-sees with palm-trees and a beach) .

The background is freely exchangeable.

You can save the price of about 7 euros  because on the one hand weather-forecasts of more than 3 days are not very reliable. On the other hand "YoWindow" allows the user to import his own photos into the program. How this is done is explained in a german tutorial (!). As an alternative dozens of backgriund can be downloaded and integrated by the menu-item "Landscape".

There's a live preview on the internet (-site).

"YoWindow" can be downloaded for windows- and for mac-pcs. If one wants to get an impression of the software, he can do so on the official website under "Live Weather".
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
par
Name: Pasha

Re: YoWindow review in krone.at (Austrian site)

Post by par »

Woo - hoo! :Yahoo!:
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image