Observed Update Time

Any questions? Any answers?
msirianno
Name: Mike

Observed Update Time

Post by msirianno »

Just one small change I would like to see in this otherwise perfect application. When the weather updates, instead of the observed time showing how many minutes ago this took place, I would rather see the time of the update. That way I know when the actual update took place, and then can figure out the correct time of the update. The way it is now, the observed time would say something like "16 minutes ago." OK but when?? 16 mintes ago could actually be an hour ago, and the F5 update does not always update immediately.

Thanks!

Mike Sirianno
East Rochester, NY

"The frozen wastelands of Upstate New York!! "
Mike.
par
Name: Pasha

Re: Observed Update Time

Post by par »

Hey, Mike!

I'm sorry I did not understand the problem.
Can you clear it up?
msirianno wrote:The way it is now, the observed time would say something like "16 minutes ago." OK but when?? 16 mintes ago could actually be an hour ago
No :no: YoWindow displays the observation age correctly.

YoWindow may delay the weather update, but it displays the observation age with 1 minute precision.
I mean every minute the age is increased.

I don't understand the necessity to display the exact time like 12:34 instead of "15 minutes ago".

Sorry I must have missed something :unknown:
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
msirianno
Name: Mike

Post by msirianno »

I had my Yowindow screensaver running the other day. As I sat here watching tv, the last observed time showed '16 minutes' ago.. It stayed that way for over an hour. Meaning that 16 minutes ago was not correct. I always hit F5 to do an update which does not always work. I would rather see the time of the update than how many minutes ago it happened. At least I know the time will be correct, then can determine how many 'real' minutes ago it happened.
Mike.
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

Hi Pasha,

I checked out the observed hours and minutes. On YoWidget 3 and on Chrome, the minutes increase with each passing minute. On the YoWindow 2.0 Desktop the minutes do not increase but in the system tray inspector panel the minutes do increase.

Hope this is easily fixed. :wink:

Marty
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Sorry, Mike, I was too self assured.
Yep we have missed this little bug.

Please wait for YoWindow 3, the problem is already solved we only need to wrap it up in the desktop edition.

Marty, thanks so much, your help is precious, as always ;)
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image