YoWindow for Honeycomb?????

Any questions? Any answers?
HowardR
Name: Howard

YoWindow for Honeycomb?????

Post by HowardR »

OK. Question 1: how do you creative superstars at YoWindow DO it?? We've been away a couple of months and only returned home last night. Today, I'm supposed to be catching up on a backlog of correspondence but instead, instead. . . f-i-e-s-t-a! And BALLOONS! And AIRPORT! Are you people absolutely determined to stop me from getting anything done today? The update installed easily and instantly over my existing version and now I've got planes taking off and landing and balloons sailing skywards every 30 seconds and Air Traffic Control is in a hell of a mess. . . But seriously though: many, many thanks -- YoWindow just gets better 'n better 'n better, a fantastic combination of reference resource and, er, fun. Well done!

Now to question 2, which is much more serious. . .

We've been travelling with our Asus Transformer, the iPad trouncer with the 10.2" screen that clamshells into a regular computer thanks to the keyboard dock. It runs Android 3.1 Honeycomb, developed for tablet screens. We'll never be hiking our laptop around with us again. Honeycomb is still in its early days, of course, but judging from rocketing sales of tablets based on this OS, the growth potential is pretty much unlimited (sorry, Apple.) But, but, but. . . we seriously miss YoWindow. Honestly. Not only do none of the Windows weather apps come close to YoWindow, nothing on Android gets within a mile of YoWindow, either.

I know, I know: writing a new version from scratch for a new OS isn't something to be embarked upon lightly. But if you clever lot can bear in mind that Honeycomb is out there, and that many folks who have YoWindows Unlimited on their Windows computers would be delighted to pay for a Honeycomb version, well. . .

Hint. Hint. :roll:

Congratulations again, and thanks to everyone for all their hard work.

And now, back to those 'planes, and those balloons. . .
par
Name: Pasha

Re: YoWindow for Honeycomb?????

Post by par »

Dear Howard, it's always a pleasure to read your posts :)
Have you already tried to drag the balloons with the mouse?

You have made it to the point: YoWindow is a balance between information and fun.
This is how we see it.

And I have good news for you.

YoWindow for Android and YoWindow for iOS are already in development.
Dima is working on iOS (iPhone).
Recently I have met a wonderful Java programmer - Denis, he is working on Android edition.
Our development team get a little bigger, and I'm happy about this :)

I should say that without money (YoWindow Unlimited, website ads, OpenCandy integration)
we would not be able to start these projects.

Thank you everybody for supporting us.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

Wonderful news! :Bravo: YoWindow's success has come about thanks to the continuing development of a brilliant concept. That combination of hard work and ingenuity is bound to make it a must-have app on other platforms. I won't be alone in looking forward to the day when I can subscribe to the Android version!
Wally©
Name: Walter

Post by Wally© »

My iPhone is deperately waiting for its release in the App-store...

It's the only thing that's missing on my plaything... :ROFL:
Attachments
IMG_0197.PNG
IMG_0197.PNG (400.75 KiB) Viewed 5883 times
IMG_0196.PNG
IMG_0196.PNG (409.99 KiB) Viewed 5883 times
IMG_0195.PNG
IMG_0195.PNG (114.5 KiB) Viewed 5883 times
Wally©...

(Ignorance can easily be overcome...Stupidity is 4ever...)
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

Wally: looks like you're gonna have to be very nice to Dima then.

Me, I just want to place on record how absolutely brilliant Denis is -- the most outstanding developer anywhere in the whole wide world, and in whom I have the utmost, and fully justified, trust.

This, of course, has nothing at all to do with the fact that I want YoWindow on my Android before Apple. . . :Yahoo!:
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

:))
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image