Where is Porto Rethymno?

Any questions? Any answers?
fishermansblues
Name: Andreas

Where is Porto Rethymno?

Post by fishermansblues »

Hi Everybody

Some time ago I reported some problems with weather stations in Greece and was told they would be fixed. When I re-checked, the town of Rethymno was no longer in the list of locations. Instead was Porto Rethymno. Fine, I thought, this must be it. However, today I went to the yr.no website and find Porto Rethymno located in the middle of mainland Greece (NW of Volos). The Latitude and Longditude given (39°28′42″N, 22°35′29″E) are not the Rethymno I know. My Rethymno is 35°22′01″N, 24°28′29″E.

I don't know who is more confused, me or yr.no. :?

Don't get me wrong, I love YoWindow... it is one of the best applications I have found, but when I eventually get our new website published, I don't want to be giving an incorrect forecast.

Regards to everyone

Andreas 8-)
"Object-oriented programming is an exceptionally bad idea which could only have originated in California." E W Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
fishermansblues

Re: Where is Porto Rethymno?

I now discover that Réthymnon AND Porto Rethymno are in the list of locations, but I am again getting "No Weather" indications with Réthymnon . Maybe I should set the widget location to Chaniá (for which there is weather data), but rename it Réthymnon in the HTML. Réthymnon is probably using either the Chaniá airport or the Iráklion airport weather stations anyway.

I have just been through the entire list of locations in Greece using http://yowindow.com/example/lc_widget.php and both Réthymnon and Χαλκίδα have no weather... all the others are fine.

I am so confused. :?

Andreas
"Object-oriented programming is an exceptionally bad idea which could only have originated in California." E W Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

Hi Andreas,

Rethymno is getting its current conditions from the Metar station at Souda, Greece. I have just put a request for you in Add Locations for the addition of Souda, Greece.

I also checked out the forecasts of both Rethymno and Souda. The difference was one degree.

Until yr.no has fixed Rethymno, the use of Souda would be more appropriate than Chania.

I hope this helps you out.

Marty
fishermansblues

Many thanks Marty

I will wait for Souda to appear in the list.

I really want to use the widget on our site. It is a very rare combination of information and fun.

Regards

Andreas