NO WEATHER: RETHYMNO, GREECE

Any questions? Any answers?
fishermansblues
Name: Andreas

NO WEATHER: RETHYMNO, GREECE

Post by fishermansblues »

Hi Guys

I am new to YoWindow, but I like the look of it and am thinking about putting the weather widget on the new home page of our website. However, I have a slight problem; for the last two or three days when I go to the widget page and set it up for Rethymno, Greece, I get the weather only for about 45mins ahead of current (local) time. After that it just reports "No Weather". What has gone wrong? It was working before for several days ahead.
:(
"Object-oriented programming is an exceptionally bad idea which could only have originated in California." E W Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
FvE
Name: Fred

Re: NO WEATHER: RETHYMNO, GREECE

Post by FvE »

Hi Andreas,

Welcome to the forum.

If you have look at this: http://yowindow.com/help.html#q11
and check out the link to the Chania airport (LGSA) from which YoWindow takes its information it looks like the data from this airport is not reliable enough.
This must lead to your problem.

If you don't understand what I'm saying here, then please let me know.

Pasha,

Can you please check out ICAO LGSA?

Thanks,
Fred
fishermansblues

Many thanks for your reply. I understand the problem. Maybe they are having some temporary problems with their server as it was working before two or three days. I have also tried setting the location to Iraklion, but again nothing other than live +30-45 minutes. In fact, on the weather widget web page I have tried all 9 major cities and of these, only Athens, Kallithea, Nikaia and Peristerion seem capable of giving a future forecast.

I do find this a bit odd as other weather sites seem to have no problems with Rethymno, despite the fact that they are using data from either Chania or Iraklion.

We actually have a weather station in Rethymno that reports to the National Observatory of Athens and can be found on http://www.meteo.gr/cf.asp?city_id=38. I don't know how you go about getting the required data into the format you require it and whether this station could be persuaded to provide the data. The contact there is Leandros Simeonidis (s_leandros@yahoo.gr). Maybe I should shell out for my own weather station and see if I can get it to work with YoWindow.

I will keep an eye on the situation as I expect at least another month's work before our new site goes live.

Keep up the good work

Regards

Andreas
"Object-oriented programming is an exceptionally bad idea which could only have originated in California." E W Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Dear Andreas, this is a major problem with yr.no forecasts.
It has impacted Greece, Ireland and probably some other countries and locations.
The paths to forecast pages have been changed.

I'm working on this problem.
Hopefully the forecasts will be available by Sunday automatically you will not need to upgrade YoWindow.

Pasha
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
fishermansblues

Many thanks for your reply Pasha

I will check it out again on Monday.

Regards

Andreas
par

Post by par »

I'm sorry, I had to remove Rethymnon from YoWindow because I was not able to find a corresponding forecast page on yr.no.
However I have added a new location - Porto Rethymnon, I hope this is the same place.
Will this work for you?

Image Image Image
FvE
Name: Fred

Post by FvE »

Pasha,

Excuse me for interfering.

Porto Rethymno is not the same place.
It's on the mainland of Greece, not on the Isle of Crete.

The funny thing on yr.no is that when you search for Rethymno, it only returns Porto Rethymno.
But when you type in Greece, than select Crete (below), it shows you Rethymno :?

Do you have the possibility to ask yr.no for explanation?

Hope this has helped.
Fred
par

Post by par »

I have added Rethymnon!

Image Image Image