How do I turn off fireworks?

Any questions? Any answers?
stupidfireworks

How do I turn off fireworks?

Post by stupidfireworks »

This is NOT Independence Day. I do not want to see fireworks. Apparently I have never checked the weather using YoWindow at this time of the week before and am pissed that I can't turn off these flashing particles.

So as the subject says: How do I turn off fireworks? There isn't an option for it.
ikarus1969

Re: How do I turn off fireworks?

Post by ikarus1969 »

You only registered to the forum to tell us you are pissed? Ok, i see your nick and almost can feel your upset mood.
But dear "stupidfireworks": the fireworks feature was and is no secret and i'm afraid (not really) you can turn off this single feature.
You can uncheck an option "I want to have fun" and - maybe - fireworks are gone for you.

One thing: although i am happy with every new yowindow-user i admit i would definitely prefer some more polite postings.

However, i hope the rest of YoWindow has more fun and information to offer to you! Maybe you can contribute something, e.g. a landscape. What do you think?
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
stupidfireworks

JUST in case you weren't being a dick and I overlooked it, I looked and there isn't an "I want to have fun" option or anything of the sort.

But dear "ikarus1969": my reason for creating this account was and is no secret and I'm afraid (not really) that adding an annoying feature like these flashing particles should at LEAST be an option that I can opt out of.

This is not Independence Day and they don't belong there otherwise. It's a silly and unnecessary feature.
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

Hi

First let me Welcome you to YoWindow.

If you look at Options > Advanced, you can uncheck "I want to have fun."
Let us know if this removes the fireworks for you.

When the fireworks were developed, they were developed in the summer during July of 2012.
While we were testing them, the fireworks were being displayed every day.

Once the fireworks were completely tested, the author of YoWindow thought it would be nice to celebrate the weekend.
That is why every Friday night an hour after sunset the fireworks go off.
Everyone likes to celebrate the weekend.

:)
Marty
stupidfireworks

I don't know what you're talking about. There is no "Advanced" in the options.
Wally©
Name: Walter

Post by Wally© »

Then you must be running an unknow version of YoWindow...

But even then...you can't turn it off...

Live with it...and wait if the developers choose to have an option to disable them...
Wally©...

(Ignorance can easily be overcome...Stupidity is 4ever...)
FvE
Name: Fred

Post by FvE »

It's a pity that you use many words to express your naggy mood instead of informing us properly.
You're the first and only user that expresses fireworks as being 'silly and unnecessary'.
Unfortunately you keep us guessing what version of YoWindow you are using.
That's the only worthfull information you had to give us.

As far as I can guess you're not using the desktop version, but the chrome version maybe?

In that case you can't turn off the fireworks.
That leaves you with either not having a look at Friday night or perhaps don't have a look at all.
You'll never know what feature might piss you off again.

If you can't live with it, change it.
If you can't change it, live with it.

Try to laugh about it for a change :)

Thank you for trying to understand it.
Fred
stupidfireworks

Yes, I'm using the Chrome version. Why would that be an option on one and not the other? I honestly didn't know there even was a desktop version.