different user accounts

Any questions? Any answers?
Chubbywuz

different user accounts

Post by Chubbywuz »

Hi,
I myself have been using YoWindow. Thought I would set it up also under my sons user account on my pc. That was no problem. I wanted to use a different landscape for him. This works when running the program. But when screensaver comes on, it is the default village, not the landscape chosen. Is this because under my account I am using the default village ? I figured since there are 2 different user accounts, we could each use a landscape of our choice and also have them for screensavers. Appreciate any help! :shock:
Michelle
FvE
Name: Fred

Re: different user accounts

Post by FvE »

Hi Michelle,

The screensaver will allways choose the home-location landscape, no matter what you've chosen before.
In other words: Is the landscape of your son's home-location the village landscape?

Fred
Mahav

Post by Mahav »

Did u go to Program>options>Screensaver and choose the location u want to appear?
Chubbywuz

Post by Chubbywuz »

We both have Williamsport,PA as home.Thought maybe this was the problem, so I changed his to a different city. Went in to settings for screensaver. I set the location as the same as home. When checked screensaver it was not the one chose. Went back in to screensaver settings. It keeps changing his home to New York. I have reset several times, but it keeps changing the options all back to the default one for screensaver. I chose a different landscape for my account. When my screensaver comes up the settings are all right & landscape is the new one I chose for me. I have the unlimited version. Now my sons also comes up as registered. Is it possible it's reverting all his options back to default because of this fact? But as I said both sections are on the same pc, and all my selections are what I have chosen. :shock:
Michelle
FvE

Post by FvE »

Michelle,

I'm not sure about this, just guessing: Could this have something to do with the user restrictions, i.e. you having admin access and your son's acount not?
What windows version are you using?

Fred
Chubbywuz

Post by Chubbywuz »

I'm running 398, and my sons account also has administrative privilages.
FvE

Post by FvE »

Mmmm,

OK. Is New York one of the cities in your list (or your son's list, for that matter) or not?
If so where is it listed (begin, end or somewhere in between?)

By asking which windows version ar you using I meant XP, Vista, etc.

Fred
Chubbywuz

Post by Chubbywuz »

Originallly I downloaded YoWindow under my user account. It showed up on my sons account. Got sick of trying to fix, so I deleted it on his account, but kept it on mine. Went in under his account & redownloaded the program. For some reason, this fixed the problem. Now we both have our own choices working in both the program itself & in the screensaver.!!! :)
Michelle
FvE

Post by FvE »

Oke Michelle,

I'm glad you've solved it for the moment.

Don't want to worry you, but what will you do on the next upgrade?
Should this problem re-occur, then please let us know.

Goodluck from now on :)

Fred