landscape doesn't fill program screen.

Any questions? Any answers?
kaos

landscape doesn't fill program screen.

Post by kaos »

what is with adding landsapes i never seem to be able to get them to fill screen. see below what is wrong.

see what im talking about. it does it on my wallpapers and 3 live ones ive downloaded from here. never fills like default one.
Culumunimbus

Re: landscape doesn't fill program screen.

Post by Culumunimbus »

It seems you have a widescreen monitor, and the picture you use is probably a normal 3:2 size.

Try it with a picture who's fit your screen
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

This is just like a video 4:3 displayed on your wide-screen display.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
eugeniobutti

Post by eugeniobutti »

Good afternoon Par!
Also on my computer monitor with wide-screen can not see the new landscapes occupying the entire space of the screen. The classical landscape of YoWindow (the house with the chimney .....) occupies the entire space of the screen!
How coriigir?
Eugenio
kaos

Post by kaos »

i have tried a few from my wallpaper collection. same thing shows like that. even downloaded wide-screen wallpapers same thing auto sizes them to look like that.the wallpapers look fine on my desktop as they are wide screen format. but when added to yowindows does this. can we get a fill or stretch option added to correct this bug.does it on my 3 lappys and my desktop which isn't widescreen. does it with the pyramid one added to yowindows as well.
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hello Par,

I have the same problem. My 24" Monitor has an nativ of 1920 x 1080 pixs ... so it is full HD in 16:9. When I prepare my own landscape pics of course I did it in this dimensions. But the result was black stripes on both sides. Then I zoomed the pic up to 2400 x 1350 (it is also 16:9) with the same result! It is not possible to fill the whole screen like the original "village" landscape ....
What can I do???? :?: :| :?

Hope you have a solution!

Best greetings from Majorca

Werner
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

I think YoWindow keeps the aspect ratio of a picture, so you would have to resize YoWindow to the format of your picture (16:9 or whatever it is).

When i am resizing YoWindow, the landscape is resized too (keeping aspect ratio) until the width and height of the window (the resulting aspect ratio) matches the aspect ratio of the picture.

The original village-background is flash generated so there's no such problems.

(if there's a better explanation, i'm sure Pavel will give it!)
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

ikarus1969 wrote:I think YoWindow keeps the aspect ratio of a picture, so you would have to resize YoWindow to the format of your picture (16:9 or whatever it is).

When i am resizing YoWindow, the landscape is resized too (keeping aspect ratio) until the width and height of the window (the resulting aspect ratio) matches the aspect ratio of the picture.

The original village-background is flash generated so there's no such problems.

(if there's a better explanation, i'm sure Pavel will give it!)
Hi Ikarus,
I dont know if your explanation is wright or wrong ... but this is not a solution! Very next time all the monitors will be in 16:9 ... try to buy a 4:3 dimension and you will see it :(
So I tried out it with several different dimensions and ratios. I think that the programm is optimized of a size of 800 pix horizontal. It makes no difference if you use f.i. "pyramids" with 800x533 or 1600x1066 ... the result is the same: black stripes!

And the solution couldn't be to resize the window of YoWindow ... what is with the screen saving mode?
I think it is now the part of pavel to give us a solution :idea:

Best greetings from the island

Werner
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Mallorca wrote:Hi Ikarus,
I dont know if your explanation is wright or wrong ... but this is not a solution!
It's currently the only solution (to manually adjust width/height of the window).
Mallorca wrote:Very next time all the monitors will be in 16:9 ... try to buy a 4:3 dimension and you will see it :(
That's true and i am looking forward to the moment i will have one of my own
Mallorca wrote:I think that the programm is optimized of a size of 800 pix horizontal.
That's simply wrong
Mallorca wrote:It makes no difference if you use f.i. "pyramids" with 800x533 or 1600x1066 ... the result is the same: black stripes!
Of course there's no difference - there's no reason why the stripes should vanish with the same aspect ratio.
Mallorca wrote:And the solution couldn't be to resize the window of YoWindow
see above - it's currently the only solution

Mallorca wrote: ... what is with the screen saving mode?
There's no way to on the one hand keep the aspect ratio and on the second hand to remove the black stripes beside or above/below the picture.
Mallorca wrote:I think it is now the part of pavel to give us a solution :idea:
It is simple - use pictures with the same aspect ratio as your screen.

The only thing Pavel could do is - after the user resized the window - to automatically adjust the window size to both keep the aspect ratio AND remove the black stripes beside or above/below the picture.
But that does not belong to screensaver-mode!

Do you like distorted pictures?

If i press a special button on my remote-control, my TV interpolates a 4:3 show to the 16:9 format - no stripes!
Hurra!
Hurra?
No. Because all the content is stretched: the actors look fatter, each one gets a mouth like Julia Roberts, the mountains are becoming hills, ...
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
kaos

Post by kaos »

well this just pain sucks. maybe they can add the option to the preferences of yowindow to select screen resolution.
i started a suggestion in for aspect ratio here. please be civil and let them know this is a option we all wanna see.
http://yowindow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1065