UV Index

Have you found an error? Report here!
weatherock

UV Index

Post by weatherock »

I have YoWindow installed on my computer and it is beautiful. I just have one small problem. I have used your program for several days now and it always says that the UV Index is "N/A" as in "not available". Please correct me if I am wrong, but I always thought the UV Index was always available, for all areas, especially here in the US.
This is not a major issue. Just a small problem. On the weather page of my website, I have all kinds of numbers for weather available, like the allergy alerts for instance. But YoWindow is the only program that I know that will also show the UV Index. So I am surprised that YoWindow says the UV Index is not available.

--
weatherock
ikarus1969

Re: UV Index

Post by ikarus1969 »

Hi weatherock!

The UV-Index is only provided if you use a PWS-generated xml-file (if the software and the station supports UV index!).

If you go to the options (Options -> View -> Inspector) you will get this hint ("PWS only") with 3 parameters:
"Snow level", "Daily rain total" and "UV index":
YoWindow - UV-Index only provided by PWS(-file).jpg
YoWindow - UV-Index only provided by PWS(-file).jpg (71.53 KiB) Viewed 3642 times
If you don't want to see unavailable parameters uncheck the box in the same options screen at the top of it.
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
weatherock

Post by weatherock »

ikarus1969 wrote:Hi weatherock!

The UV-Index is only provided if you use a PWS-generated xml-file (if the software and the station supports UV index!).

If you go to the options (Options -> View -> Inspector) you will get this hint ("PWS only") with 3 parameters:
If you don't want to see unavailable parameters uncheck the box in the same options screen at the top of it.
Sorry. That was my mistake. I should have noticed that. When I installed the program I set up the options in a hurry. I was so excited about having this fantastic program that I wanted to get it running as quickly as possible. I didn't notice the "(PWS only)". So I stand corrected and have unchecked the UV Index. Thank you for your assistance.

--
weatherock
weatherock

Post by weatherock »

ikarus1969 wrote:Hi weatherock!

May I ask another question? If I have a PWS generated xml file from a Weather Underground weather station, may I use that for the above mentioned 3 parameters? If so, will that only supply the numbers for those 3 parameters, or would all the weather results now be shown from the PWS xml file?
I am asking because I would like to just show those 3 parameters from that Weather Underground xml file, but as I prefer the other weather details and observations be shown as it is set up now (from the NWS).

--
weatherock