Infinite loop at "LIVE" tab

Have you found an error? Report here!
jasander

Infinite loop at "LIVE" tab

Post by jasander »

I'm using Windows 7, weather for Manchester, NH (USA) Eastern Time Zone.
Whenever I select "LIVE", I get a message saying there was a load error. I use "View=>Load Weather", it says it's loading the weather data, the notice goes away, but the notice in the Location Window still shows a load error.

Tonight I get a message saying "Weather expired press [F5]" which I do and get a message "Updating weather" which returns me to the expired weather notice, and pressing F5 says it's updating the weather and brings me back to the expired weather message, ad-infinitum. The Location Window still show an error message.

No matter which "button" I select, "tonight", "tom", "th", etc. I still get the same messages and the same loop.

What to do? What to do?
Joe
ikarus1969

Re: Infinite loop at "LIVE" tab

Post by ikarus1969 »

Sometimes it helps navigation to another location and then back to the desired location.
Sometimes it helps when closing and restart the program.

If all that fails, maybe the METAR-Station which delivers the weather-information is down for maintenance, some stations are only working during the day (down in the night).
Please try one of the above and give short notice if one it has helped!
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
jasander

Post by jasander »

Thank you for your assistance. I only have one location defined, I guess I should define another one.

When I got up this morning the screen was the same, but when I pressed the F5 key it updated the weather information, so it looks like perhaps the weather station was down at the time. I'll keep your suggestions in mind and will utilize them the next time.

Thank you,
Joe
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Hey, Joe!

My best answer is - download the latest YoWindow build.
We have a trouble with old YoWindow builds this night.
I've got a dosen of e-mails complaining about weather-expired warning.
That turned out to be a problem with our server that serves the old builds.
Now the old server is fixed and you probably have the weather now, I still recommend to install the fresh YoWindow since you are missing a couple of cool features :)

The freshest YoWindow is always here.
http://yowindow.com/download.html

The METAR station for your location is fine, it provides the weather 24h a day.
Don't worry.

One more thing.
I was so frightened when I've read the subject of your message - "Infinite loop".
This term "Infinite loop" refers to a case when the program freezes and stops responing to the user actions.
This kind of error is very hard to diagnose.
In the early days of YoWindow there were a couple of infinite-loops.
And it took me ages to find and fix them.

So much glad this is not the case. :)
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
jasander

Post by jasander »

I just downloaded the latest version.

Sorry about the scare, I didn't mean to cause heart failure, I'll be more selective in my wording the next time. All seems to be working correctly now.

Joe
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

:))))) very nice!
jasander wrote:I just downloaded the latest version.

Sorry about the scare, I didn't mean to cause heart failure, I'll be more selective in my wording the next time. All seems to be working correctly now.

Joe
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image