Inspector / pressure-trend-arrow tooltip

Have you found an error? Report here!
ikarus1969

Inspector / pressure-trend-arrow tooltip

Post by ikarus1969 »

Hi Pavel,

there's a tiny bug for the tooltip of the pressure-trend-arrow - it says "Rising/Falling with 0 hPa/h":
>rising< with zero hPa?
>rising< with zero hPa?
YoWindow - inspector - pressure - arrow-tooltip rising with zero hPa.jpg (10.42 KiB) Viewed 8196 times
&gt;falling&lt; with zero hPa?
>falling< with zero hPa?
YoWindow - inspector - pressure - arrow-tooltip falling with zero hPa.jpg (7.54 KiB) Viewed 8194 times
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
gemini06720

Re: Inspector / pressure-trend-arrow tooltip

Post by gemini06720 »

I have not seen any pressure change on my YoWindow yet ... it is using the information from my PWS.

But I had to deal with a similar situation (such as the pressure rising/falling with 0 hPa/h) in the PHP/AJAX scripts used with the Weather Display weather software. A while back I decided that when the pressure (or a temperature or a humidity or any other weather data for that matter) change was zero (nil) I would simply indicate that the pressure was steady.

Here is he code I have been using:

Code: Select all

switch (true) {
    case (($diffBaro >=  2.0))                         : ... // Pressure Rising Rapidly
    case (($diffBaro >=  0.7) and ($diffBaro <   2.0)) : ... // Pressure Rising Slowly
    case (($diffBaro >   0.0) and ($diffBaro <   0.7)) : ... // Pressure Gently Rising
    case (($diffBaro ==  0.0) or  ($diffBaro == -0.0)) : ... // Pressure Steady
    case (($diffBaro <  -0.0) and ($diffBaro >  -0.7)) : ... // Pressure Gently Falling
    case (($diffBaro <= -0.7) and ($diffBaro >  -2.0)) : ... // Pressure Falling Slowly
    case (($diffBaro <= -2.0))                         : ... // Pressure Falling Rapidly
    default                                            : ... // Pressure Steady
  }
So, when the pressure is (either positive or negative) zero, the pressure is steady. As soon as the pressure changes (even by 0.01 hPa) then the pressure is not steady anymore and it is either rising or falling.
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Fixed, see the next build.
I have also set display of 2 decimal digits when the pressure is measured in "Hg

Thanks!
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

I have also set display of 2 decimal digits when the pressure is measured in "Hg
And what is wrong with displaying the hPa with 2 decimals??? :(

Once you have the time, I would sincerely enjoy having the '°C' temperature with 1 decimal, the 'hPa' pressure with at least 1 decimal, the '°C' feels like temperature with 1 decimal and both the 'cm' rain and snow measurements with at least 1 and if possible 2 decimals - the visibility is fine with 1 decimal - the UV Index (PLEASE, please, replace the 'Ultra violet index' text with the simple expressing 'UV Index') should always be a single unit with no decimal.
par

Post by par »

Ray, I can easilty set the default values for decimal digits, but it is a big challenge to let the user to change the default settings.
That is the problem.

As soon as I have free time I will take care of your request.
I remember it.

And, by the way, your request revolves in my head for the past month.

Image Image Image
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

par wrote:Ray, I can easilty set the default values for decimal digits, but it is a big challenge to let the user to change the default settings.
That is the problem.
Pasha, are the default values saved into an XML file?

Then how about letting some of us CREATE AND USE additional special personal configuration XML file that would never be overwritten by YoWindow but that would be read by YoWindow once YoWindow has read its default configuration XML file...

That second configuration XML file could/would contain all/any of the parameters the 'special' (and registered only) user would like to change and have displayed on his/her version of YoWindow, including the number of decimals.
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

par wrote:And, by the way, your request revolves in my head for the past month.
Does that mean that there is a lot of empty space in that head of yours... :mrgreen:
par

Post by par »

gemini06720 wrote: Pasha, are the default values saved into an XML file?
No.
gemini06720 wrote: Then how about letting some of us CREATE AND USE additional special personal configuration XML file that would never be overwritten by YoWindow
Complicated.
Respect KISS method as I do.

Please, just wait and I will come up with a solution.

Image Image Image
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

par wrote:Please, just wait and I will come up with a solution.
OK, I have waited patiently for a day ... What solution have you come up with... :mrgreen: