Time indication

Have you found an error? Report here!
Robino

Time indication

Post by Robino »

It is now just past 12:00 here in Antwerp (GMT 10:00), Belgium, and Yowindows indicates 13:00 (one hour later): why?
When I look at "location" - "properties", timezone 2:00 is indicated for Antwerp. The timezone 2:00 propbably means GMT +2h (summertime), which is correct, but then the indicated time is GMT +3h???
Robino

Re: Time indication

Post by Robino »

Think the error comes from the fact that London time (Big Ben time) was taken as a Yowindows reference instead of GMT. Big Ben time changed to summertime last week (= +1h), while GMT remains the same, winter or summertime. The correct reference is therefore GMT and not London/Big Ben time. This could explain the error?
Robino

Post by Robino »

Indeed, error confirmed: when I look at the time reference of this posting, it indicates 11+ time (=London time), while GMT is now 10+ time and real Anwterp time now is 12+.
As Yowindows now show for Antwerp 13+ time, what happened is that the +2h summertime has been added to the London time, whereas it should have been added to GMT. Hence the error...
Think a fix is therfore needed.
Kind regards
Marc
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Robino wrote:Indeed, error confirmed: when I look at the time reference of this posting, it indicates 11+ time (=London time), while GMT is now 10+ time and real Anwterp time now is 12+.
As Yowindows now show for Antwerp 13+ time, what happened is that the +2h summertime has been added to the London time, whereas it should have been added to GMT. Hence the error...
Think a fix is therfore needed.
Kind regards
Marc
Hi Marc,

i live in Vienna which is the same time-zone as Antwerp: GMT+2.
YoWindow shows the correct time for both Antwerp and Vienna, that's (a few minutes after) 1 p.m. or 13:xx

Would you mind checking the system-time of your computer if it's correct?
Maybe that could be the reason for YoWindow showing an incorrect time on your PC?
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Make sure the time-zone is set properly in Windows.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hi Robino,

Yowindow get the time from your computer and not from Big Ben or somewhere else, also it is not orientated on GMT (may be in GB people talking about such time definitions). The worldwide official time since 1972 is UTC (Universal Time Coordinated).
Window system time is UTC (+- your time zone = local time) and this is the time show in Yowindow. You can see it when you change the time.
The time showing on the widget version is allways the server time. So for example your website is hosted in China you will see this time.
The time shown here in the forum is also the server time.

Werner
mark2010

Post by mark2010 »

Dear Marc,
What a fix is needed? I still correct my watches to YoWindow and they indicate the proper time. :lol: Those are right who advise you to check a time zone in your operating system.
Mark from Poland
Robino

Post by Robino »

Dear friends and fans of Yowindows,

Am I dreaming or what?
I look on my watch (set to summer time since last weekend) and it is now 23:55
I look at my Windows system time and it also shows 23:55
I look at my Yowindows for Antwerp and it shows 00:55!!!
When I search on Google for UTC it shows 21:55 (by the way, UTC=GMT for those who did not know that), which is correct, because at summertime, Antwerp local time is UTC/GMT +2h
On Google, local time for Belgium also shows 23:55
SO, where am I wrong then???
On my Yowindows version Build 437, the time shown for Antwerp always shows 1 hour later than my local time!? Before that was not the case, it seems to me that this "strange occurence" only happened after changing to summer time last weekend.
How come then? Please re-read my previous postings on this matter...
Thanks for clarifying and/or looking into this!
Marc
FvE
Name: Fred

Post by FvE »

Hi Marc,

I'm not shure what's going wrong here, just trying to help.
You wrote in your first post you've chosen GMT+02:00 for Antwerp.

I can't find that:
GMT time.jpg
GMT time.jpg (120.29 KiB) Viewed 8786 times
I Think you should choose GMT+01:00 here.

Furthermore, do you have the option Adjust clock to summer and wintertime activated?
Summertime_Wintertime.jpg
Summertime_Wintertime.jpg (107.05 KiB) Viewed 8786 times
Hope this helps,
Fred
Robino

Post by Robino »

For the non-believers, I attach herewith a snapshot of my Yowindows for Antwerp, where the actual time at the moment of the snapshot was 00:19h , being equal to the Windows sytem time visible in the lower right part of the snapshot... You can clearly see that Yowindows then shows as the time 01:19h instead of the actual and system time of 00:19h
Strange, strange ...http://yowindow.com/forum/posting.php?m ... f=3&t=2791#
Marc
Attachments
Yowindows Time.jpg
Yowindows Time.jpg (145.61 KiB) Viewed 8787 times