Time indication

Have you found an error? Report here!
ikarus1969

Re: Time indication

Post by ikarus1969 »

Hi JVP!

What i don't understand with this issue is: if YoWindow would be to blame then every YoWindow user would have that problem.

So what's special about robinos and your PCs? I have no idea at the moment... :unknown:
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
mark2010

Post by mark2010 »

Hi again,
I have read somewhere that Robinho has a 437 version. Maybe here is a reason therein. I have 441 and always install the latest version and maybe that is why all is still good so far.
Marek
vanpraet

Post by vanpraet »

vanpraet wrote:Hi all,

I came on this forum for exact the same issue Robinho experiences. I live near Brussels, so my PC is set to GMT+1 and with daylight saving time it correctly shows the GMT+2 time. But when I look in YoWindow for Brussels, it shows GMT+3 time. So there seems to be a bug somewhere in YoWindow... I'll check on my other PCs this weekend.

JVP
SOLVED :Yahoo!:

All at once, I thought that the issue could be that I did not reboot my computer for a while, and did not stop YoWindow either. I stopped YoWindow from the task manager and restarted it from the start menu. Now the time is shown correctly. Of course, rebooting should also have done the trick.

Robino, can you try this too and report the result?

JVP
Robino

Post by Robino »

Solved indeed!
Dear JVP, I did a reboot and the "problem" was resolved... thanks to my fellow Belgian! :beer:
It is correct that my Windows was not rebooted during and after the switch from winter to summertime, and it appears that Windows then gets confused somehow for certain applications, although my system time was correctly switched over... This must be one of those weird and foggy Windows issues.
Appreciate also the reactions and suggestions from the other users! :) :)
Marc aka Robino
FvE
Name: Fred

Post by FvE »

Well done Guys,

I must admit I was running out of ideas.
I was looking on the internet for some Vista issue or something, but it was already far too late yesterday night.

I'm happy you found the solution.

Enjoy YoWindow!

Fred
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Congratulations to our Belgian friends to find the reason for her "problem".
So after more then 20 posts it was an amazing idea to reboot the computer! and all the time we spent was not lost because now we learned how easy it is to solve such a "problem" ...
Werner
P.S.: To reboot my system is the first action I do by mystery phenomenons of Windows.
And Marc, by the way to say here that GMT and UTC is the same timesystem is definitively wrong!
If you are interested you can see here the difference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwich_Mean_Time and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time
Robino

Post by Robino »

Thanks for noting Werner!
I learned today 8) that the first thing to do with any weird or abnormal occurence in a program is to check the booting situation of your computer!
But as long as Windows takes that long to reboot (I read yesterday that Vista is especially prone to that), people will tend to defer to reboot their PC.
Thanks to Yowindows :wink: the weather is going to be summerlike today April 2, here in Belgium! Think I am going to switch over to the seaside panorama for today. But enjoying nature outside will also be nearly as good!
Marc
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hi Marc,
next time you reboot your Vista, go outside in the meantime and enjoy the nature :lol:
Werner