Mater stations don't display data correctly.

Have you found an error? Report here!
phantom
Name: curt

Mater stations don't display data correctly.

Post by phantom »

Your program doesn't display mater stations correctly. Tried K04W and your program went to the default value of New York. It doesn't recognize the station data. So then I tried some of the other stations. Which your members had trouble with, and got the same result. K1H1 doesn't work either. A another example of a bug in your program. I have a programed called, "weather1". Which shows radar, current conditions, and extending forecast for my location.It displays all united states mater stations correctly. So it has to be a problem in your program. This is their website: http://weather1.kelly-software.qarchive.org/
I like your program better. Their program lets you see radar, weather maps, and even satellite images. Maybe, your program could have some of these options. Your program lets me use my own pictures, and simulators the weather. Rather ,use your program if you could only fix this problem with the mater station. Starting to think! Your program parameters are based off mater stations maps. Where your hyper link directs me too. If it's not on these maps, than you cannot use it. On the other hand! It could be a different issue all together. Found a good bug, that I know you will solve.it,
Just tried K1H1 on weather1 and doesn't find it. So I am starting think the weather1 only covers U.S.A. mater stations. Still doesn't explain why your YoWindow doesn't display the correct data.

Please delete this repeat message in suggestions under mater stations.
par
Name: Pasha

Re: Mater stations don't display data correctly.

Post by par »

I just have checked K04W
It is working!
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
phantom

Post by phantom »

Why do I see the extended forecast for New York, and why doesn't the temperature match what it states on the National Weather service. Yes, I can change the name of New York to Hinckley. Also the sunset and sunrise is for New York. This is why I think it's a bug!
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

phantom wrote:Why do I see the extended forecast for New York, and why doesn't the temperature match what it states on the National Weather service. Yes, I can change the name of New York to Hinckley. Also the sunset and sunrise is for New York. This is why I think it's a bug!
Maybe there's a bug in the way you provide K04W to YoWindow?
For me K04W is working too. Maybe you forgot to press ok after entering "K04W"?
What i did was: entering "K04W", press TAB to leave the field and then pressed "ENTER".
The weather was fetched from K04W and even after exiting YoWindow and restarting the station for this location was still K04W.
So is it a bug or not? I don't think so.
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
phantom

Post by phantom »

Go to this address, and if the data matches I will end this discussion. Here the web address: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... n=-92.9384

The current sunrise/sunset for Hinckley Minnesota. Sunrise: 7:01AM and Sunset 5:49PM Not: Sunrise 6:39AM and Sunset 5:40PM

Right from the national weather service. The data I should see. How can I copy my Yowindow so you can see the image, that I see. So I can create a image and show you what I am seeing. All I ask you to do is download and run Weather1. Than compare it with your data, or the national weather service data. If they match, I will drop this issue. Yes, I enter the mater code., and doesn't match what national weather service tells me, or what Weather1 program states the current conditions are. I have to be using the same program, and I can't get the results you state your getting.
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

Hi Phantom,

I was just trying to check out Hinckley, Minnesota. I wanted to see if I would have the same problem that you were having.

Hinckley, Minnesota had never been added to the database. I just submitted a request for you in the subforum of Add Location.

When Pasha does the next round of adding requested locations, you should have Hinckley, Minnesota. If the METAR is incorrect on it then, you need to change that location property to K04W. If I understand you correctly, you have been taking New York and changing its METAR and changing its name to Hinckley.

By changing New York to Hinckley and changing the METAR, you are only changing the display of current conditions. You will still have the forecast and sunrise/sunset for New York. New York is in a different Time Zone than Minnesota.

Once Pasha adds Hinckley to the database, please check it out and then let us know of any problems that you are still having with it.

I hope this helps you out.

Marty
phantom

Post by phantom »

I changed New York code to K04W code. Which did change the temperature, and now the readings seem to be correct. However, the sunrise/sunset are wrong, and still have the extended weather data for New York. Plus it shows my high temperature will be 46 degrees and the low with be 19. Moon data isn't correct either. The weather1 and national weather service state it will be a high of 22 and low of 5. Please check out weather1 and national weather service site. Please compare the data and you will see the problem with this program. Some of the data from K04W isn't displaying correctly. What the harm of checking this out for yourself. Please compare the data which comes from Weather1, and national weather service. If you do this, I will drop this issue. You will than see what I am talking about.
Under program options, In title, "Inspector" You will see the many forecast options you can check to display. These are located in YoWindow program. Which Weather1 program does display from K04W mater station. Your program doesn't do this for me. It does do it for New York Location. Some of the data isn't being pick up from YoWindow. If your program is on your network server,you have to be seeing the same thing I do. Unless you have some rights to features I don't. Everything will make sense if you run and enter K04W into Weather1 program. Your can compare data and everything will make sense.
I still see New York as the name for this mater station nme. So I changed the name to Hinckley. This does not affect any data issues. If you can run YoWindow on a computer which isn't on your server. Maybe, we will have the same results. Since you must have access to features I don't have access too.