Weather is inaccurate and erratic

Have you found an error? Report here!
susanem
Name: Susan Marley

Weather is inaccurate and erratic

Post by susanem »

I have a purchased version of YoWindow which I run on my laptop and my desktop, both machines are Win 10. Recently, the temperature and present weather are very inaccurate, e.g. Today the temperature on my phone (Accuweather) and tablet (BBC Weather)was showing 1C which was accurate as it was icy out, both computers were showing 6C, the weather was sunny but YoWindow, on both machines was showing drizzle. The temperatures shown can jump from 6C to 1C in one jump. I have tried using both weather stations but there is no difference.

When I think about it, this has been happening since the problem with Adobe Flash the other week which correlates to around the time when you changed the server code. Could this be causing my problem and is there anything I can do to make YoWindows more accurate.

Many thanks
Wally©
Name: Walter

Re: Weather is inaccurate and erratic

Post by Wally© »

1. Please mention the exact location in which this happens...

2. You might wanna try changing the source...(options...weather...change source accordingly)

Hope this helps...
Wally©...

(Ignorance can easily be overcome...Stupidity is 4ever...)
susanem

Post by susanem »

Hi Wally,

The location in which this happens is Woolton, Liverpool, England on one machine and the other one is set Runcorn, Cheshire, England. The temperature notification in the right hand task bar said 2C this morning which was correct but when I opened YoWindow the temperature immediately changed to 6C and the actual physical weather was not correct - it showed as raining which it wasn't. The same happened yesterday (showed rain) and it was sunny all day as forecast by other sources.

I have changed the source and it did not make a difference.

Also, If I use the Town landscape and click on another town that I have in my locations then I get a black screen and I have to exit YoWindow or reboot my machine for it to work again. It works fine for the other landscapes (apart from the problem listed above) but I often get the 'no weather' notification.

Many thanks
Susan
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

Hi Susan,

Download the new build from http://yowindow.com/rc.php
The situation of the black screen when switching locations from Town landscape has been fixed.

This may also correct your weather problem as Town landscape was frozen.
There were no people or cars.
Just a frozen landscape that started after January 10th when the holiday lights turned off.

Please see viewtopic.php?f=29&t=23478&start=10

Marty
susanem

Post by susanem »

Hi Marty,
thank you for your reply.

Not been on my laptop for a few day but that is the version I have on both machines. I have gone through where I had problems this morning and it all seems to be working again so that is a mystery as nothing has been updated.

Regards

Susan