Settings revert

Have you found an error? Report here!
RICC1408
Name: Ricc

Settings revert

Post by RICC1408 »

Hi...

I have no clue why, but each time I switch on my computer all the YoWindow settings have reverted to their default, the screen, weather provider, sidebar info, etc... I tried a complete uninstall, but stil the problem persists. This is a new problem (since 2 weeks or so), before that I had no problems with it, but I had to format my hard drive and reinstall Windows and since then I've hat issues using YoWindow.
I use Open Weather Map because it seems to provide a better oversee of my area's (Canada) weather.

Running on Windows 8.1 platform.

Thanks
FvE
Name: Fred

Re: Settings revert

Post by FvE »

Hi Rick,

This is strange.
Just a thought: Did you install and do you use YoWindow with Administrator rights?

What YoWindow version and build are you using?

Fred
cindy914
Name: Cindy

Post by cindy914 »

I am experiencing the same problem every time I refresh my browser (Firefox 37.0.2) and only since the latest update of YoWindow. My current YoWindow is 4 Build 23. Any ideas as to why this is happening? I 'think' it is something in the latest YoWindow build but you tell me. I have had YoWindow installed for years with absolutely no problem until this last build and this problem. Thanks!
RICC1408
Name: Ricc

Post by RICC1408 »

Well, YoWindow seems to have corrected itself about 5 days after my original post ... YoWindow acted up for about 3 weeks and then, all back to normal. :unknown:

I am using the latest version, as I had downloaded it from your website just a couple of days prior to my original post - (I had tried a fresh reinstall to see if it would correct the issue...). Then out of the blue I open it and all the settings were saved, very weird... And no repeat of the problem since...

Thanks