How do I turn off fireworks?

Early builds of YoWindow for Windows
seek
Name: Anthony

How do I turn off fireworks?

Post by seek »

Hi YoWindow team!

I'm a long time user of YoWindow (2-3+ years? love it) and have purchased the Unlimited version as well. I'm afraid to say I came across this very post while searching the web for the same thing - I want to find some way to turn off the fireworks (although I'm sure I'm in the vast minority here).

My reason for posting in this thread is that I really enjoy the ambient sounds for when I bring YoWindow up to full screen. It's nice to hear the rain, the wind, etc. But it's a little jarring to have fireworks year-round: specifically, the sounds.

Sometimes my YoWindow will bug out and keep making the firework sounds (boom, boom... boomboomboom..........boomboombombombobombobombobm) until I re-maximize then re-minimize it. I've also had times that the shrieking sounds of the bottle rockets go on permanently until I finally completely exited then re-opened the program. The first time it happened I thought my computer was haunted, but I've since learned how to deal with it. I keep my YoWindow installation updated every time a new version comes out FYI.

I've had the "I want to have fun" option un-checked for a long time, so that certainly doesn't appear to affect the firework sounds. Since it sounds like there's no way to turn off the firework sounds specifically.. could there be a workaround? Could I delete some particular files in the YoWindow root installation folder to stop those specific sounds from going off?

Long story short: I love YoWindow, I like having sounds on, but I find the firework sounds unnecessary, surprising, and sometimes even irritating.

Thanks so much for your support on the great weather application otherwise, though!

Best regards,
-seek
seek
Name: Anthony

Re: How do I turn off fireworks?

Post by seek »

Hey again YoWindow team,

Any update/input?
par
Name: Pasha

Re: How do I turn off fireworks?

Post by par »

One day we will do this.
Please wait.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image