Different weather for screensaver

Early builds of YoWindow for Windows
truk
Name: George

Different weather for screensaver

Post by truk »

Hi,
I've noticed that at times the screensaver shows different weather than that shown when running Yowindow. I believe it is simply that they are not updated at the same time. I would have thought the screensaver is Yowindow, but it's almost like they are two different programs, at least as far as when they are updated.

George
truk
Name: George

Re: Different weather for screensaver

Post by truk »

I'm still seeing this. Maybe not so much the weather is different, but it is especially noticeable with the temperature. Just this morning Yowindow was showing 39F, but the screensaver showed 44F. I forced the screensaver to update and the weather matched Yowindow. I exited the screensaver and checked a few minutes later and the screensaver is now showing 45F, while Yowindow is still at 39F. I forced and update in Yowindow, but there is no change, still 39F. I have checked the reporting station in each, both are showing the same. They are updating at different times, or getting information from different places, for some reason, because even after forcing the screensaver to update it is different the next time it runs.

George

Edit: Just a follow-up. Is there a difference between the screensaver starting itself as opposed to me running the screensaver in Preview mode. I haven't tested it well, but I think there might be a difference. In other words, the screensaver temp looked correct (39F) when it started on its own and I didn't interact with it, but in Preview mode it was 43F.
WJ3R
Name: JR

Re: Different weather for screensaver

Post by WJ3R »

I am a first time user also here and I am seeing the same problem. It appears that when the screen saver is in the system tray and NOT ACTIVE, the temperature stays at what it was when the screen saver was last active. It does not appear to be updating. Could this be a settings issue on my system?