Tray Icon Temperature

Early builds of YoWindow for Windows
knopfler83
Name: Javier

Re: Tray Icon Temperature

Post by knopfler83 »

temperature maxima and minima look that reflects the screen by placing the mouse over the icon of temperature ....
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Hi, friends!
Sorry for the delay - too much work, as usual.

I just have tested YoWindow 4 on my old Windows 7 laptop.
I was not able to repeat the error.
The temperature in the system tray displayed when I launch YoWindow minimized.

It looks like YoWindow application may be blocked from the Internet Access by firewall.
As soon as you click the tray icon, YoWindow starts receiving the data from the Internet through Flash Play (which is usually not blocked by Firewall).
But before this moment YoWindow is trying to get the current weather by itself.

Anyone experiencing this error, please try to turn of your Firewall and Antivirus temporary.
Then restart your PC and check if YoWindow is able to display the weather in the tray until it is opened.
I'm waiting for your reports.
Thanks!
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
TxJason1972
Name: Jason Adams

Post by TxJason1972 »

Par,

Mine is still not updating. I assume you are using the 64-bit Win7? I have looked and see nothing being blocked. Considering multiple people have reported this it looks like a bigger issue. Also, If the tray app is being blocked it makes no sense that launching the main window would update that. One would think it would be blocked whether the main window is running or not.
frans
Name: Frans

Post by frans »

The problem is that the tray-temperature is not always equal to the temperature displayed in the hoover window. The tray temperature is only updated when you double click the tray-icon, even though the program already knows the correct temperature (displays it on hoover over tray icon). If it was blocked by anything the hoover temperature would also be incorrect, which it isn't. It's just the tray temp not getting updated.

This is on YoWindow 4 Build 7 Unlimited edition, judging by comments I'm guessing newer builds don't fix this?