Installing YoWindow Widget on Intuit

YoWindow widget Questions, Suggestions and Bugs
GatorTown

Installing YoWindow Widget on Intuit

Post by GatorTown »

Can anyone help me to install this widget with my own background photo on Intuit? Intuit site does not support swf format....
but I can upload png files.... I just do not know how to code the photo png file in order to work.....
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Re: Installing YoWindow Widget on Intuit

Post by Mallorca »

Hi,
would you be so kind and read the tutorial? http://yowindow.de/widget_and_landscape
Werner
GatorTown

Post by GatorTown »

Yes, read many HUNDREDS of times, attempted many different ways, variations, combinations, extensions etc. I have uploaded the
xml file to the server Intuit website manager file manager. I also uploaded the png and swf formats of the photo for the background.

ALL THIS WORKS ON MY COMPUTER SCREEN, WILL NOT PUT MY PHOTO BACKGROUND ON MY WEB SITE.

I have even went to other image servers to try different http codes for direct link, widget coding with (<script src=) coding,
forum coding and other html coding......the YoWindow opens with either their village background or no background at all
during all these attempts.

Please help, I have followed other's coding as well-plugging in my own info-still cannot get this to work. And I DID pay for
the extra features of YoWindow, however, since I am on a Mac, is this why I cannot get it to work? Should I try all this on
a PC?

Please help.
hermanz
Name: Herman

Post by hermanz »

Hi Wendy :good:

Welcome to YoWindow
Please send more details
Is the webserver: Apache, IIS, Wordpress or other
Send the backgroudfoto
What is Intuit
What is the url of your website

gr.
Herman :beer:
(Wheather on an I(phone,pad,pod) or Android, YoWindow what else )
GatorTown

Post by GatorTown »

Hi again Herman!
The webserver is like a Wordpress, where you design your web page, can preview it, then publish it to the web.
That webserver is Intuit.com, you can see it online, but in order to see the web builder-you have to "register".

Background photo I had to go to ImageShack.us and have my photo turned into a URL
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28 ... nwidg.png/

YoWindow/Edit Landscape/Name: GainesvilleDowntownWidget Landscape Image: yo_GainesvilleDowntownWidget3
Landscape Folder: /Users/mailgirlflorida/Library/ApplicationSupport/YoWindow/landscapes/GainesvilleDowntownWidget

The url of the website is: https://sitebuilder.intuitwebsites.com/~site/builder/ GainesvilleBulletinBoard.intuitwebsites.com
These are "working" web site builder programs. The GainesvilleBulletinBoard.intuitwebsites.com is NOT PUBLISHED online yet, still in
building stage. Now the Yo Window Weather Widget works perfectly on the preview page with the default background or any of your
4 backgrounds that you offer. ANY time that I alter the background in attempts to install MY PHOTO for the background, makes the
widget lose the background, but still "works" on the preview page.

Now I have uploaded the xml file and swf & png file for my photo all in the root directory of the web building program. So I still cannot
find the problem of why it does not upload into Yo Window widget.

Please let me know what I am doing incorrectly.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!

GatorTown
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hi,
I'm afraid it is not possible to put the crossdomain.xml file into the main root of an "working" website builder and this is necessary to allow Yowindow to connect your site.
Werner