Time is Wrong

YoWindow widget Questions, Suggestions and Bugs
ailios

Time is Wrong

Post by ailios »

The widget we are using is for Honolulu, Hawaii at this website: http://www.cyberala.org It was pointed out to me today that the time it shows is off by 2 hours. For example, right now it shows 9:43 a.m. when in reality the time in Hawaii is 11:43 a.m. Is this something only YoWindow will need to resolve on their end, or is there a way I can mod the code to point to their specific timezone?
FvE
Name: Fred

Re: Time is Wrong

Post by FvE »

Hi Daisy,

If I'm not mistaken it's ok now.
That is, it is when I take a look at your site.

Could it be that there is a wrong (time)setting on your computer or server maybe?

Fred
ailios

Post by ailios »

No, it's still wrong when I look. Our website is hosted through a vendor on the west coast. If it was an error on the host server it would be wrong for you too. I spoke with a member of our organization this morning who is in a different state and they were seeing it wrong too. On what does that widget base it's time?

If you're not sure what Honolulu time is at this moment, compare it to www.time.gov
FvE
Name: Fred

Post by FvE »

This comes from http://www.time.gov:
Hawaii Time.JPG
Hawaii Time.JPG (50.48 KiB) Viewed 5715 times
And this comes from your site:
Website.JPG
Website.JPG (25.47 KiB) Viewed 5715 times
Fred
ailios

Post by ailios »

Okay, but the question is still out there. On what does the widget base its time? Why are other computers seeing it wrong?
Don
Name: Don

Post by Don »

ailios wrote:Okay, but the question is still out there. On what does the widget base its time? Why are other computers seeing it wrong?
Hello ailios,

I believe YoWindow uses the time and the timezone setting on the viewer's computer to calculate the time for a particular location.

Don
ailios

Post by ailios »

I think I have it now. On the time.gov website I was clicking perfectly inside the box or Hawaii. I thought Hawaii was only one hour behind us but they are truly three hours behind us. Thank you for your patience.