Widet w/ Powerpoint

YoWindow widget Questions, Suggestions and Bugs
BAllanB

Widet w/ Powerpoint

Post by BAllanB »

Hello,

I've set up a presentation to run in a hospital 24 hours a day/7 days a week in powerpoint. I was trying to use the yowindow widget imbedded in a local html file in the presentation via the LiveWeb addin. I've managed to display the YoWindow fine but for some reason the presentation will freeze on that slide and will not transition to the next slide. The machines running the presenation are ra couple of years old, there is one computer for each display. Each of them pull the presenation from a networked drive. Sometimes they will make it through an entire loop of the presenation but they all eventually freeze on this widget.

I know it's a rather odd issue, as not many people use LiveWeb/YoWindow widget for this sort of thing but if anyone has any idea on why it does this I would appreciate it. I'm kind of wondering if it's a memory issue since these machines are a couple of years old.

Thanks,
Brian
BAllanB

Re: Widet w/ Powerpoint

Post by BAllanB »

FYI, So far my presentation shows weather from direct links like www.wunderground.com and a full screen clock from another web site without any issues.
hermanz
Name: Herman

Post by hermanz »

Hi Brian :good:
welcome to this forum.

why not put the code in an html file. this is an very easy solution for an old computer.
On this page you can also place a clock, etc

gr.
Herman :beer:
Attachments
hospital.zip
(748 Bytes) Downloaded 315 times
(Wheather on an I(phone,pad,pod) or Android, YoWindow what else )
BAllanB

Post by BAllanB »

Hi Herman,

That's what I did, I copied the widget code from the web site and pasted it into an HTML file. When I use LiveWeb to call that HTML file it displays it just fine, it just doesn't transition to the next slide. I'm not sure if it's the widget, or the addin. I've got some testing to do on it still, but though I would check here as well.

Thank you, :)

Brian
hermanz
Name: Herman

Post by hermanz »

Hi Brian :good:

I can not help you. I do not have the correct plugin for powerpoint.
Self I created a static page, This is not constantly given different information.

gr.
Herman :beer:
(Wheather on an I(phone,pad,pod) or Android, YoWindow what else )
planet4

Post by planet4 »

Why not use Xibo. It is free and works better then using powerpoint. I am using it to display my widgets in fullscreen.

http://xibo.org.uk/
BAllanB

Post by BAllanB »

I'll check into it, thank you.