Weather parameters not from the closest METAR station

YoWindow widget Questions, Suggestions and Bugs
Mark

Weather parameters not from the closest METAR station

Post by Mark »

I put the script for the widget on my web page with my personal weather station parameteres. Everything works fine but I don't know how to modify it. I don't want it to take weather parameters for my village from the closest METAR station. Due to the dominance of western winds more adequate conditions there are on some more distant METAR station.

In YoWindow3 on my computer there is no problem with it. Simply I've changed in properties of my location code for METAR from default EPLL code to EPPO. And I see difference - I have know cloudy weather as it is in EPPO station (Poznan).

So that's why I ask the question how can I modify that option also in the script on my page?

Link to my web page http://pogodaslesin.cba.pl/ - works fine but sky conditions aren't adequate for my place.

Thank you for help :)
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Re: Weather parameters not from the closest METAR station

Post by Mallorca »

Hi Mark, welcome to our forum.

I'm sorry to tell you that a virus is on your website :cry:
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (23.43 KiB) Viewed 4407 times
To your question: you can change the location ID into the location METAR you prefer and rename the location.

Werner
Mark

Post by Mark »

Strange, I have Avira software too but I have no massage. Thank you for telling me :) I need to do something about it.

Thanks for an advice. With different ID location (closer to my desired meteo station) sky conditions were changed :)
Last edited by Mark on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hi Mark,
perhaps the reason is I'm using Avira-Pro? Sometimes this version is a little bit more critical.

Werner