cant Access Locations Database list

Mac OS Questions, Suggestions and Bugs
Linda California
Name: Linda

cant Access Locations Database list

Post by Linda California »

Hi. I'm registered, but cannot access the full list of locations. I'm only privy to the few free locations. Have tried everything in the Location menu. And have tried the + sign and the down arrow in the big main box. No list comes up. And typing in a location goes nowhere. It tried loading, but doesnt. I've also tried "adding a new location" on the website. But that's only for locations that arent already in the database. Help.
Thanks.
Linda California
Name: Linda

Re: cant Access Locations Database list

Post by Linda California »

Got it to work. I went to Add New Location, http://yowindow.com/add_location.php
And then pasted in the geoname ID# into my own Yowindow.
Did this for several locations and it worked. Then tried the database list again, and it worked. Also, I found that some names won't come up if you give it too much info. ie- "Denver" will bring up a selection of correct possibilities. But Denver, Colorado, USA wont bring anything up.
Hope that helps anyone else with same problem.
It's raining here, and we had thunder and lightening earlier today- not typical of my location. Hope you're enjoying your own weather.
Linda
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Dear Linda, it looks like you are running an obsolete version of YoWindow for Mac.
Please download and install the latest version here http://yowindow.com/download
If you experience any problem with license, please send me a personal message.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
hypernova
Name: Alex

Post by hypernova »

I was wondering myself because there is no such thing as "free location"- you can add as many locations as you want, all locations are free.