Uninstalling 3.0 and reinstalling earlier version

Mac OS Questions, Suggestions and Bugs
mjoshea148

Uninstalling 3.0 and reinstalling earlier version

Post by mjoshea148 »

Hi,

I was having some issues configuring the 3.0 version on Mountain Lion, so I uninstalled the program and attempted to reinstall the current released version. I kept getting an error on install of the non-RC version that I already had a newer version installed (which I did not).

I couldn't find any remants of the RC version except for this reference .plist file which I cannot delete (screenshot attached).

How do you fully uninstall the RC version to be able to go back to the current release? That said, it appears that I do have the RC version working ok at the moment.

Thanks,

Mike
Screen Shot 2013-07-22 at 8.24.30 PM.png
par
Name: Pasha

Re: Uninstalling 3.0 and reinstalling earlier version

Post by par »

Dear Mike, thank you for reporting.
I was waiting for any feedback.

What kind of an error message do you see, what is it?
Where exactly on your hard drive the file com.repkasoft.yowindow2.plist is located?your

And please let me know what kind of issues did you have configuring version 3.0?
We need to fix them obviously.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
mjoshea148

Post by mjoshea148 »

My apologies in the delayed response.

The com.repkasoft.yowindow2.plist file had no location under 'Get Info' and I've since learned that this could be a search/file corruption not associated with YoWindow. That said, I was able to find instructions on using a program that allowed me to remove the file.

My initial reason for uninstalling was related to the inability to configure the application from within the OSX screensaver preferences module. The screensaver would open with the options displayed but it didn't retain the location unless I launched YoWindow separately and configured from that end.

The second observation was that I was prompted to update the RC to version 3.0 repeatedly - obviously to no effect.

Finally, the inability to revert to Version 2 is related to a general safety mechanism within OSX that prevents installing a version earlier than any later version that's been installed. I overcame this issue via finding a terminal command that essentially say forget I ever installed the Yowindow package. Once that was done I could reinstall V2.

Now that I understand how to "easily" revert, I'm willing to give it another shot and provide better feedback.

Mike
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Wow!
Thanks so much!

I will investigate and hopefully address both issues.

I have already modified the Uninstaller to make sure it would clean up so called "receipt" that prevents installing the previous version.

I wish the new version to be of a high quality product.
Please keep reporting!
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image