A Prayer woould be appreciated

Chubbywuz

Re: A Prayer woould be appreciated

Post by Chubbywuz »

Well it is now 11pm. We leave for the hospital at 5:30 am for Stevens surgery. All thoughts and prayers are appreciated. Surgery is scheduled to run at least 8 hours, so it will definately be a long day. Will uodate when available for those following.
God bless & thanks to all.
Michelle
:-)
Wally©
Name: Walter

Post by Wally© »

Will be keeping my fingers crossed...

Good luck and God bless...
Wally©...

(Ignorance can easily be overcome...Stupidity is 4ever...)
SmileySunrise

Post by SmileySunrise »

I'm joining in prayer for your dear son, and for all of you. May God guide and direct all that pertains to your son's operation and recovery.

God bless you.

With prayer and care,
Dawn
Chubbywuz

Post by Chubbywuz »

Well the surgery on the 8th lasted about 7 hrs, Then in recovery for 2 more hrs. Thursday morning he was talking a little. But he had a severe headache, and could not open his eyes for more than 3 seconds. Friday still has headache, still eyes closed, but talking a little more when actually awake. Saturday morning still no improvement. So the doctor did a CAT scan. After reviewing the results and sending him for a MRA, 7:30 pm Saturday night they took him back in for more surgery. The substance they use to readhere the piece of bone removed during surgery-(gelfoam), instead of filling in the crack and the rest reabsorbed, this substance started to expand. So it needed to be reopened and all the gelfoam removed. This was causing pressure on the brain & this is why the surgon said we did not see the type of improvement we should have seen. It is now 11:05 pm Saturday night, the doctor just called up to the waiting room to say he was now out of surgery. They did not apply the gelfoam, hopefully he does not have any bleeding, since the gelfoam also acted as a buffer between the skull & brain & brainstem. Now I'm waiting for him to come out of recovery, so it's back to the waiting room. Hope the couches are soft because I'm not leaving this hospital. Will pdate again in a while,
Michelle
Wally©
Name: Walter

Post by Wally© »

Thx for the update Michelle...

I'm sure this will only be a minor glitch in his recovery...

It just goes to show that surgery is not...and will never be...an exact science...

I just heared congresswoman Giffords will be leaving the rehab facility to become an outside patient...

If this news doesn't give you and your hubby a boost...I don't know what will...;)

Take care...
Wally©...

(Ignorance can easily be overcome...Stupidity is 4ever...)
JoseNeto

Post by JoseNeto »

Hi good day
Hoppe is going better and better on recovering
Please keep us informed
GOD bless you all
Jose Neto
Chubbywuz

Post by Chubbywuz »

UPDATE! Steven was discharged from the hospital on Friday evening (6/17). He went straight to the rehab facility. He can walk with assistance from one person. He does his own bathing and feeds himself. His speech is good, but a little slurred. His memory is also good. They said in speech & memory therepy that it is a little slow, but this will continue to improve as the brain swelling goes down. This morning they had him going up and down steps. So overall he is doing quite well. He was to return to college on 6/28, but he may not quite be ready. If not, we are looking into his return in 4 months when the next class is in their fourth semester, this will then be where Steven would have been.
Thanks for all the well wishes!
:Bravo:
Michelle
portaleazzurro
Name: Franco

Post by portaleazzurro »

:good:

This is good news !

Franco.
"If you look at the sky forever, we would be having wings." (G. Flaubert)
Sincerely from my home and my country. Franco.
Don
Name: Don

Post by Don »

Chubbywuz wrote:UPDATE! Steven was discharged from the hospital on Friday evening (6/17). He went straight to the rehab facility. He can walk with assistance from one person. He does his own bathing and feeds himself. His speech is good, but a little slurred. His memory is also good. They said in speech & memory therepy that it is a little slow, but this will continue to improve as the brain swelling goes down. This morning they had him going up and down steps. So overall he is doing quite well. He was to return to college on 6/28, but he may not quite be ready. If not, we are looking into his return in 4 months when the next class is in their fourth semester, this will then be where Steven would have been.
Thanks for all the well wishes!
:Bravo:
Michelle
:Yahoo!:

Don
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

Hi Michelle,

:Yahoo!:

Marty