Baro display

Personnal Weather Station (PWS) support
jgillett

Baro display

Post by jgillett »

Hi Pasha,

Hmm - there's a rabbit in my clouds! Having fun already.

I would like to see 2 decimal places in the baro display. Currently mine reads 30" (no decimal, full-screen or not) Hg and steady, when it is actually 29.97" and falling. The rounding to the inch leaves far too much room for guesswork as to what is happening.

Thanks.

Edit:

Hi John,

Welcome to YoWindow.

I have moved your suggestion from Suggestions to Personal weather station support.
Since you are using a PWS, this is where it belongs.

Thank you,

Marty
jmcmurry
Name: Jim

Re: Baro display

Post by jmcmurry »

John,

I hadn't noticed that because I have mine set for mb, but I agree with you that normally inches Hg would be displayed to 2 decimal places. I'm sure Pasha can fix this for us next time he's working in that part of the code.

- Jim
FvE
Name: Fred

Post by FvE »

John, Jim,

I'm just curious, but when I select "Hg, it does display 1 decimal.
I know you are asking for two, but I also understood you don't have any decimals at all, am I right?
Or is this a PWS issue only?
Pressure HG 1 decimal.jpg
Pressure HG 1 decimal.jpg (62.89 KiB) Viewed 12434 times
Thanks,
Fred
jgillett

Post by jgillett »

Fred,

Exactly what do you mean by 'select Hg'? I'm set for US, and Hg is showing, but I am unable to find any decimal places. Please see http://tiggrweather.net/wxyowindow.php .

Thanks.
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

Hi John,

The YoWindow display of barometric pressure as a whole number has to be a timing issue. Here is a screen shot of your website with the barometric pressure showing 30.1 Hg.
Phoenix showing 30.1.JPG
Phoenix showing 30.1.JPG (106.3 KiB) Viewed 12424 times
Showing 2 decimals would help keep it from rounding when the pressure is like 29.97 which rounds to 30 when you show only 1 decimal.

Marty
jgillett

Post by jgillett »

Marty, that's really strange that I don't see it here. Regardless, I still feel 2 decimal places are needed.

Thanks.
FvE
Name: Fred

Post by FvE »

jgillett wrote:Fred,

Exactly what do you mean by 'select Hg'? I'm set for US, and Hg is showing, but I am unable to find any decimal places. Please see http://tiggrweather.net/wxyowindow.php .

Thanks.
John,

I was talking about the desktop application, not the widget, sorry about this misunderstanding.
I too saw no decimals when checking your website.
I think your request to have 2 decimals displayed is well-grounded.

Fred
jgillett

Post by jgillett »

FvE wrote:John,

I was talking about the desktop application, not the widget, sorry about this misunderstanding.
I too saw no decimals when checking your website.
I think your request to have 2 decimals displayed is well-grounded.

Fred
No problem, Fred.

If I understand correctly, the presence or absence of a decimal point depends on the current baro reading; e.g., a reading of 30.07 would round to 30.1 and be visible - however, a reading of 30.04 would round to 30.00, but, because of the '00', no DP would show at all.

Jim indicated it's on the list, and Pasha promises to fix it. Meanwhile, in spite of all the other nifty things in this app, I have taken mine offline. As it is now, IMHO, it's simply incorrect data. I realize they are working on a lot of other issues and updates and this is not at the top of the list. I'll try again when this works.

Thanks for the support.
wuhu_software

Post by wuhu_software »

Yes, this 2 decimal places for the pressure, InHg, is very important for those using English units. That is somewhat of a glaring issue for those of use using English.

I hope you guys do find the time to fix that one.

Thanks.
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

2 digits for InHg will be available in the next build.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image