UK weather Android app

YoWindow related topics that do not fit in the above forums
Post Reply
Frogger
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:05 am
Location: UK

UK weather Android app

Post by Frogger » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I've made some UK weather Android apps using the great facilities on AppsGeyser and the YoWindow web widget. Hopefully they'll be of use until the real YoWindow app is available for Android.

Here they are for the major UK cities:-

Birmingham - http://www.appsgeyser.com/1685

Edinburgh - http://www.appsgeyser.com/1686

Glasgow - http://www.appsgeyser.com/1689

Leeds - http://www.appsgeyser.com/1691

Liverpool - http://www.appsgeyser.com/1692

London - http://www.appsgeyser.com/1693

Manchester - http://www.appsgeyser.com/1695

Hope this helps!

Steve

User avatar
ikarus1969
Posts: 1645
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:58 am
Location: Vienna, Austria

Re: UK weather Android app

Post by ikarus1969 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:07 pm

I'm one of the moderators you have called "very rude and unhelpful" without posting names.
Your post was: http://yowindow.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 2289#p8789
My answer and request was: http://yowindow.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 2289#p8790

Nevertheless, do you have an answer to my post i linked above? I'm still waiting for a response; either some names and posts or an excuse.

I don't like users insulting someone / a whole group anonymously and without further proofs.
That's simply cowardly.
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«

Frogger
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:05 am
Location: UK

Re: UK weather Android app

Post by Frogger » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:38 pm

ikarus1969 wrote:I'm one of the moderators you have called "very rude and unhelpful" without posting names.
Your post was: http://yowindow.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 2289#p8789
My answer and request was: http://yowindow.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 2289#p8790

Nevertheless, do you have an answer to my post i linked above? I'm still waiting for a response; either some names and posts or an excuse.

I don't like users insulting someone / a whole group anonymously and without further proofs.
That's simply cowardly.
I read it, and I ignored it. But as you're now hounding me here about it, I suppose I'll have to reply.

I think some of the replies given by certain moderators are rude - if that's a consequence of English not being their first language, hmm, maybe.

Oh, and not once have I insulted a whole group - why say that? In fact, I find that claim, and the air of your post, rather aggressive.

If you preferred that I no longer post to the YoWindow forums, (which it seems like), just say so. I'll happily accommodate your request.

Steve

User avatar
ikarus1969
Posts: 1645
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:58 am
Location: Vienna, Austria

Re: UK weather Android app

Post by ikarus1969 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Frogger wrote:
ikarus1969 wrote:I'm one of the moderators you have called "very rude and unhelpful" without posting names.
Your post was: http://yowindow.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 2289#p8789
My answer and request was: http://yowindow.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 2289#p8790

Nevertheless, do you have an answer to my post i linked above? I'm still waiting for a response; either some names and posts or an excuse.

I don't like users insulting someone / a whole group anonymously and without further proofs.
That's simply cowardly.
I read it, and I ignored it. But as you're now hounding me here about it, I suppose I'll have to reply.

I think some of the replies given by certain moderators are rude - if that's a consequence of English not being their first language, hmm, maybe.

Oh, and not once have I insulted a whole group - why say that? In fact, I find that claim, and the air of your post, rather aggressive.

If you preferred that I no longer post to the YoWindow forums, (which it seems like), just say so. I'll happily accommodate your request.

Steve
So you still are not able to write names and proof your accusations with posts.
Frogger wrote:But as you're now hounding me here about it
Hounding? I promise, if i hound someone, you will notice it. I have asked (and still do) for a proof for your accusation, you (again) can not give.
Frogger wrote:Oh, and not once have I insulted a whole group - why say that?
You wrote "not par"; so who remains but the rest of the moderators?
Frogger wrote:In fact, I find that claim, and the air of your post, rather aggressive.
Please distinguish between "aggressive" and "demanding". Being ignored has that effect sometimes.
And i still can't read a single word of a proof for your accusation, why don't you give it?
Frogger wrote:If you preferred that I no longer post to the YoWindow forums, (which it seems like), just say so.
Aaaaaah, now you make assumptions, so my i cite you?:
Frogger wrote:why say that?
Of course you can do what you want (to some degree).
For me it's obvious what i can expect from you and what not.
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«

User avatar
par
Posts: 8147
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:56 am
Name: Pasha
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Contact:

Re: UK weather Android app

Post by par » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:22 pm

Please stop.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image

User avatar
ikarus1969
Posts: 1645
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:58 am
Location: Vienna, Austria

Re: UK weather Android app

Post by ikarus1969 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:29 am

par wrote:Please stop.
Dear Pavel, you ask me to stop.
Am i wrong assuming you accept what Frogger posted? If so, i will stop.

Have a nice Sunday.
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«

User avatar
par
Posts: 8147
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:56 am
Name: Pasha
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Contact:

Re: UK weather Android app

Post by par » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:19 pm

Hey Reinhart,

We have started this forum as a place to discuss YoWindow.
I don't want to see personal conflicts to burn our community down.
I want to see a place where our friends discussing YoWindow.

I have addressed "Please stop" to both of you, because it is very sad for me to read this discussion.

I hope you understand.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image

User avatar
ikarus1969
Posts: 1645
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:58 am
Location: Vienna, Austria

Re: UK weather Android app

Post by ikarus1969 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:42 am

par wrote:Hey Reinhart,

We have started this forum as a place to discuss YoWindow.
I don't want to see personal conflicts to burn our community down.
I want to see a place where our friends discussing YoWindow.

I have addressed "Please stop" to both of you, because it is very sad for me to read this discussion.

I hope you understand.
par wrote:We have started this forum as a place to discuss YoWindow.
Agree. But it's not a place where anonymous accusations should be made. So it would be great to hear a comment from you. I hope you understand.
par wrote:it is very sad for me to read this discussion.
So it is for me. But i don't let me, as a member of a anonymously addressed group, be accusated without any proof.
So it would be great to hear a comment from you. I hope you understand.
Sometimes one has to have a clear position - and, sorry Pavel, even for you.
As an austrian i understand what "being neutral" means. But i too understand that that is not always possible.

As far as i am concerned this is the end of public "discussing"; PMs appreciated (or not; just as anyone wants to do).
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«

Frogger
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:05 am
Location: UK

Re: UK weather Android app

Post by Frogger » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Frogger wrote:Hi everyone,

I've made some UK weather Android apps using the great facilities on AppsGeyser and the YoWindow web widget. Hopefully they'll be of use until the real YoWindow app is available for Android.

Here they are for the major UK cities:-

Birmingham - http://www.appsgeyser.com/1685

Edinburgh - http://www.appsgeyser.com/1686

Glasgow - http://www.appsgeyser.com/1689

Leeds - http://www.appsgeyser.com/1691

Liverpool - http://www.appsgeyser.com/1692

London - http://www.appsgeyser.com/1693

Manchester - http://www.appsgeyser.com/1695

Hope this helps!

Steve
I have just updated these.

Regards,

Steve

Post Reply