WD - Solar sensor settings on scripts for YoWindow

jmcmurry
Name: Jim

Re: WD - Solar sensor settings on scripts for YoWindow

Post by jmcmurry »

Tihomir,

That should work just like it did before because I didn't change anything about that. The script should use whatever WD outputs and if you have Use METAR turned off there, then the script should not see anything about the METAR. But, let's try changing these two and see if it works better for you.

Code: Select all

$incCloudTag  = false;  // if true we decide else let Yowindow decide cloud
                       // formation from METAR or WD icon (overrides $incWDiconTag if true).

$incWDiconTag =true; // if true let Yowindow decide cloud formation from WD icon.
                       // (if this is required then $incCloudTag must be false).
- Jim
Tihomir Z
Name: Tihomir

Post by Tihomir Z »

I have noticed that my program Wdisplay constantly this option for meter data, but unfortunately can not find the option to opt in to the program. Here is a picture, that option is always turned to and tinted so you can not find the option to turn off.
jmcmurry

Post by jmcmurry »

Tihomir,

Look in your solar sensor settings, there's a tick box there too. You may have to ask Brian why those settings are greyed out.

- Jim
Tihomir Z

Post by Tihomir Z »

Jim
Brayan'm going to ask for this setting in Wdispleyu, because before I was there in the back window put the check mark to my post override the meter information, I hope you will agree and fix it for us, that this option should be. Thanks for your advice.
Tihomir Z

Post by Tihomir Z »

Jim
I am sending some pictures of how I put the settings in the solar sensor.

jmcmurry

Post by jmcmurry »

Tihomir,

That third one shows METAR "unticked", so that is correct.

All you can do is figure out why WD is giving you the conditions that it is. The script only reports that. It doesn't go out and read any METAR.

Use the clientraw parser that I told you about earlier to see what clientraw is reporting, and you'll see that yowindow-xml.php is agreeing with that.

- Jim
Tihomir Z

Post by Tihomir Z »

Hello everyone
I have a problem that I do not know I have to solve, I need help.
When I recently bought a solar sensors to Davis station and it all set up in Wdispleju for YoWindow, I was happy that I would no longer need per day to enter the current icon of the sky, but now I see that the YoWindow is not displayed when the rain falls, (all works well but when it rains it can not be seen), here I am looking at what it would be but I can not find the mistake or the script or do not know where anymore, I'm tired of all this, I gave a lot of money, and at the end when you fix one option to work disrupts the other. I'm not a programmer, I'm totally the waist side, I ride the bus all day, or fixing engines, but this is too much for me. Not pleasant to me to say it but it's true. I'm thinking that I do not use YoWindow you can that works as it should for me. I will put a few pictures to better see my problem. While I did not put solar sensors, YoWindow worked as it should. I do not understand why more is not displayed when it rains, is constantly cloudy.

jmcmurry

Post by jmcmurry »

Tihomir,

I do not think that this is a problem with YoWindow. The WD script you are using can cause this error if the icon that WD is sending isn't what the script considers as a raining condition. I think the best thing to do is change the line

if ($itsRaining && $RainRate>0) {// in mm/h

to

if ($RainRate>0) {// in mm/h

then the icon won't be considered. Let's try that.

- Jim
Tihomir Z

Post by Tihomir Z »

Jim
Here's what I changed and now must wait for the rains and to see whether it works now, I go to work continues when we get home.
Tihomir
jmcmurry

Post by jmcmurry »

Tihomir,

If the rain in YoWindow doesn't stop soon enough for you when rain is done, you may want to change to

if ($RainRate > .02) {// in mm/h

and you can adjust that number more if you wish. The comment just above that explains how the rain rate slowly decreases in WD.

- Jim