snow to lohmar

People always talk about the weather
chucky

snow to lohmar

Post by chucky »

Here it is supposed to be the coldest winter in 30 years
I can not have long to see more snow
look forward to the spring, I do not like the winter
Here in the Rhineland, there are hardly normal times snow, and then only by night

how about with you?
Jose1701

Re: snow to lohmar

Post by Jose1701 »

Well, we have a similar situation not very far from your location, 'chucky'.
Here in the 'Ruhr-Area' we have very cold nights and a lot of snow. Prediction for upcoming weekend is: More snow and cold. It seems that there will be another storm warning. Although the warnings aren't very exactly.

By the way I like it. Only the heating costs will be immense. :roll:

Regards

Jose
chucky

Post by chucky »

Jose1701 wrote:Well, we have a similar situation not very far from your location, 'chucky'.
Here in the 'Ruhr-Area' we have very cold nights and a lot of snow. Prediction for upcoming weekend is: More snow and cold. It seems that there will be another storm warning. Although the warnings aren't very exactly.

By the way I like it. Only the heating costs will be immense. :roll:

Regards

Jose
ohh yes the heating costs be high this winter, because summer vacation is the most scarce :twisted:
I hope the spring is coming soon :D
daddylito

Post by daddylito »

Hi guys!
I understand that this winter is unique. I live in Sweden at a place where it always is snow from
December to May.

One of you likes the snow and the other not, but how about most of people?
My guess is that many kids love it!
Have you seen anyone that skis or skates on ice?
Have kids toys/equipment for having fun in the snow (sliding down a hill)?

Please report!

By the way, Linköping a town in the south of Sweden reports that January have not been this cold since year 1944.

At my place we had 15 days colder than -30 of which 3 days was colder than -40, in the period 17 dec to 15 jan.
Jose1701

Post by Jose1701 »

One of you likes the snow and the other not, but how about most of people?
Well, I'm a teacher in a primary school (age 6 to 12) and most of the kids like it. A few of them said to me when I ask them a few days ago. "Oh no, not more snow again". ;-) The most as I said like it.

The most of my workmates doens't like it. Only a few of them. I think the people forgot how winter is and that you have to fit in with it.
In former times we called it 'winter', now we call it 'Schneechaos' (snow chaos).

I like it.

Regards

Jose