Autumn around Ohio

People always talk about the weather
countryroads
Name: Marty

Re: Autumn around Ohio

Post by countryroads »

Hi Herman,

I really like what you did combining the 2 pictures. I would like to see you post the .png to the Landscape Collection. You have my permission.

The area is known as Mt. Zion country side. Its post office and school would be Lucas, Ohio. Its shopping and medical would be Mansfield, Ohio. This is a beautiful country side area made up of farms on rolling hills.

You should see the pasture in the foreground in the Spring when the blossoms are in bloom. I enjoy riding out to the church in the Spring just to see all of the blossoms as it is one of the places in my area where you are looking down at the trees from the road you are on.

Thank you for your work.

Marty
countryroads

Post by countryroads »

When you get to the Southern Ohio Foothills, you never know what to expect. And you are almost always pleasantly surprised.

Rascal and I had a picnic lunch at Conkle's Hollow. A father and his daughter were fiddling and picking in the picnic area. Their dog was relaxing at their picnic table. Rascal enjoyed the down home country mountain music and started singing along. I thought I would share a picture and a video with you. Please excuse Rascal's singing. :o

There is a state park 20 miles from me. If you finish mowing the lawn early and have a few hours to burn, you drive there and rush thru a hike. You never get to really unwind. For some reason, when you drive down to the Foothills everyone relaxes and stops rushing around. You just take time to enjoy the Hills. :)

I hope you enjoy the video.

Marty
Attachments
Father and Daughter Fiddling and Picking.jpg
Father and Daughter Fiddling and Picking.jpg (135.63 KiB) Viewed 5884 times
Fiddling and Picking.zip
(5.47 MiB) Downloaded 420 times
FvE
Name: Fred

Post by FvE »

Great Marty,

I'm beginning to like Rascal more and more.
He (?) sings lovely in my opinion.

Please say Hi to Rascal from me.

Thanks for sharing again,
Fred
countryroads

Post by countryroads »

We had our first sleet or snow of the season last week in Mansfield, Ohio. It was a chilly week, but we are now having Indian Summer. There are still some leaves on the trees, but they are brown or dark crimson.

Since the Autumn colors are winding down for my area, I put together another webpage of Autumn. It goes from peak color to the winding down of leaves.

The address is http://hikingweather.net23.net/autumn2010ohio.html .

I hope you enjoy this. ;)

Marty
FvE
Name: Fred

Post by FvE »

Man I envy you!

Autumn in Holland means: Dark, Windy, Rainy and cold weather, which it has been for a few weeks already (give or take a few better days).

So no pictures from me, I think you'll get my picture :)

Fred